Two Problems with My Book

I couldn’t find a forum just for My Book. So I figured this would be the best place to ask.
One problem that has recently started is when I try to transfer files to my My Book. It stops and gives me a error 36 code message which has to do with files having a dot space? And the other problem is, I am having a hard time getting and keeping the My Book icon on my Desktop. If I can get the icon to appear. It will go on and off showing a “the drive was not ejected properly” error message. The drive clicks. The Icon shows up. The error message shows up. I click on close and it starts all over again. And continues till I unplug it. I had a WD tech person log into my computer. They re-formatted it. It worked for about an hour before it started acting up again. I think the drive is going bad but they didn’t think so. Any ideas?

Hello ewe2,

Have you tried changing the USB cable for your device or tried using the device on a different computer?

Hi Logan. I did try it on the computer it was connected to for 3 years and it did the same thing on that computer. So I actually threw it away. It just kept clicking and the icon would appear and disappear constantly, giving me an “didn’t eject properly” error message over and over. It was driving me crazy. :slight_smile: I did go to the store and bought a new WD 4T MyBook not that I needed a 4T but it was the only WD drive they had. I plugged it into my computer and that just clicked repeatedly. So I took it back to the store and got a refund. Not sure what I will do now.