Two nas drives

Hi,

I have two MYBOOK WORLD drives on my network and I can see the both when I press the red button on the HUB remoter, to choose network shares. They both show up on the list but I can only select the one. I can click them both but  the HUB keeps selection the same… They are called MYBOOKWORLD and MYBOOKWORLD2. Its nr 2 that keeps showing.

I have movies on both and would like to change NAS from time to time.

Please help

Thanks 

My guess is it is truncating the hostname before it gets enough to be unique. I would try changing the hostname to be more unique.

I hope that’s not the case.   NetBIOS names can be 15 characters long.  

Someone else reported very similar things happening between two of his three NAS boxes.   I’ll be danged if I can find the post though.   Still digging.

Ah, here it is:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub/Network-Shares-Not-Switching/m-p/96262/highlight/true#M1898

I just PM’d that guy to see if he ever found a solution, and to recommend that he rename his boxes so the names aren’t similar.

Try that on yours.   I know you shouldn’t HAVE to do that, but if it works, then we’ve got two data points to indicate a bug.

Try renaming your NAS boxes something unique like

BOX

CARTON

or something that’s not similar the way you have it now.

Oh, and one other thing:

Does the name at the TOP of the screen change after you make that selection?

In other words, there’s two possibilities:

The hub thinks it changed servers, but it also thinks the content is the same on both.

Or

The hub ignores your request to change servers at all.

Hi TonyPh12345

The TOP name do NOT change so it  ignores my request…

Ok.   That’s good info.   At least temporarily, would you try renaming your NAS boxes to see if that has any effect?   As I mentioned above, make them COMPLETELY different.   Like ‘A’ and ‘B’ or something like that.

Hi Tony,

It seamed to help - now I can switch between the two drives vith no problem :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks a lot

Glad you’re sorted, but I think this is a workaround for a definite bug!  :)