Two iPad apps - which is right?

My iPad has two apps called My Cloud from the store - which is the one to use?

Depends on what you want to use it with. There is the original My Cloud app for most WD devices, and one specifically for the newer “Home” devices, like My Cloud Home or Home Duo. It can help if you refer to the device’s user manual.

Thanks.

I figured it out after downloading both apps with identical names but found my log-in credentials would only work on the one with a logo where the cloud was shown in a house.

What threw me was the demo I received in the store which showed the other cloud logo.

Different names for each app would help.

There ARE different names for the apps. One is called My Cloud and the other is called My Cloud Home. If you bought the Home product, I suggest you look at forum topics for the Home products. They are very different than all the other My Cloud products.

Thanks Mike.

Sorry for the gap in our conversation, I’ve just returned from India.

Thanks to your help I now have the correct App.

Now I have another name problem. I am looking for My Drive Home’s “devicename” so I can map it as a drive to my Mac to manage storage.

You’d think devicename would be a simple matter of copying pasting its name as it appears on my Mac but it would not copy and it includes an apostrophe and lots of spaces. Nonetheless I wrote it and copied it exactly into my Mac but it would not accept it.

So, I tried using its IP address but that didn’t work.

Where do I find the device name?

Many thanks,

John