Two backups with different files each

I am running the My Book Essentials external drive on my Windows 7. I have a need to create a backup for several files on occasion and another backup with just one of those files daily. Is it possible to have dual backup configurations? I can get by without scheduling them and will manually choose which to run. I will start them manually also.
All suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Russell

Hello RRussell,

It is not possible to create parallel backup on same drive with two different plans. It is best to setup the one backup using WD software (like WD Backup or WD Smartware) and another backup using operating system backup program (Like File History in Windows or Time Machine in Mac) on the same drive at different times as you want.

1 Like

Thanks very much for responding to my post and again for the helpful information.

You wrote: “another backup using operating system backup program (Like File History in Windows or Time Machine in Mac) on the same drive”. What exactly are you referring to by “same drive”? I know that Windows File History can backup to external drives, are you suggesting that I could use the WD Backup drive for that File History backup as well?

I hope that I’m making sense, my wife says that I don’t.