TV tuner questions

After reading that the latest update includes support for tv tuners and recording to an external harddrive I am really wanting to go out and purchase the wdtv live box… just have a few questions before doing so and wondering if anyone can help me out. 

Does the live tv function have an electronic program guide to show whats on tv?

Does the recording portion support series recording like a season pass on tivo?

Anyone know of any videos or pictures of this live tv functionality?

Thanks

Does the live tv function have an electronic program guide to show whats on tv?

No, it doesn’t.

Does the recording portion support series recording like a season pass on tivo?

No.

In fact, AFAIK, it only records what you’re watching.  It can’t record something in the background, nor can it record a channel other than what’s currently being displayed.

IMHO, it’s not a very useful feature…

Well, that’s another $100 bucks wasted.  Not only does the WinTV-HBR-950Q NOT WORK with my WDTV Live Hub (won’t find any channels), even if it did, it basically does NOTHING USEFUL.  It’s my fault.  I was excited when I saw Hauppauge pop up under LiveTV.  I looked and finally found a list of supported tuners then rushed out to buy one.  While trying to get it to actually find signals I finally find a post in here that there is no guide and no way to schedule a program to record.  I guess I’ll just keep using my SiliconDust dual network tuner and Windows Media Center.  It just **bleep** to have to keep converting the recordings and transfering them to the WD to play them on the large TV in the living room.  It saddens me to see a great improvement to an already great product completely miss the mark.  It angers me that there was no more information available to make an informed buying decision as well.