TV Show playback

Is there a way to set up the hub to play a whole season/ folder of a tv show without having to go back in and hit play again once episode 01 is finished. Just to get it to automatically pay episode 02, then 03, then 04? My last media player did this automatically but my hub doesnt…yet.

Yes, just press PLAY on the first one you want to start with.

It will continue playback of each episode until you stop it, or when it reaches the end of the list.

Does it have anything to do with file names or extensions? Sometimes the next video plays automatically and sometimes it just goes back to that folder menu. Odd

RanjiLee wrote:

Does it have anything to do with file names or extensions? 

Not that I know of…

Just tried it on my wd hub,

I have a whole season of Seinfeld and it stopped after the first episode and went back to the menu.

It would be nice to have an autoplay feature.

bob

PS:

I have a Samsung 2011 Smart TV with DLNA and it see’s my WD Hub.

It has the autoplay feature,  It will play all day long …

One show right after the other in the same folder

bobabooey wrote:

Just tried it on my wd hub,

I have a whole season of Seinfeld and it stopped after the first episode and went back to the menu.

It would be nice to have an autoplay feature.

Are they all in one folder?

Because pg 37 of the manual says:

"3. Locate the video file you want to play.

• To begin playback of a single video file, highlight the file, and then press OK.
  • To begin playback of a video playlist, highlight the playlist name, then press PAUSE/PLAY.
  • To begin playback of all video files in a folder, highlight a video in that folder, then press PAUSE/PLAY."

Certainly it works on my Gen1 and on my Live, as well.  It’s nothing “new”.

yuuuup

I have all seasons

ie. folders for season 1,2 ,3 etc…

then in each folder are like 20 to 24 files

thanks alot. When I hit play from the folder they all “Always” play. When I go inside the folder and play the episode sometimes the next one plays, sometimes it doesnt. Thats still all I wanted