TV Show Metadata Thread

When you use Thumbgen, you have to select just theTVDB.com as the perferred info collector (only it).  Then in the Options, go to “Input/Output naming” and where it says “Movieinfo export” select “.xml” in the dropdown box.  Also in the dropdown box next to that select “Export using XMBC format”.

Once you do that, make sure that the file name of your show is something like “Chuck - S1E1” or “Chuck - S1E1 - Chuch vs the Intersect” in any case it should be named the “Show” with “SxEx” in it for it to be found.

After you do that, click on Process files/folders, then check the shows that you want to get the info for & select “Manual Mode”.  If a list comes up, just select the Show, don’t worry about trying to find the season & episode.  After you select your show, and the new widow pops up, make sure that were it shows the movie info, Title, Year, etc. in the top dropbox it says "Perferred collector (chosen on main page). 

Once you have that, the only thing you should have to do is to change the Year to the correct format, there should be the year in the box, but you will have to add the month & day for the HUB to see it.  It has to be in the format of “YYYY-MM-DD”.  I would also take the information in the “Episode Plot” and copy it to the “Overview”.  Make any other changes that you want, then click on “Generate them and go”.  If you have a folder check which has multiple episodes in it, the next episode will come up, just do the same changes.

After you have the xml’s made, you’ll have to open them up and change “Plot” to “Overview” in the xml.  Then your done.

Hope this helps.  I am going to make a detailed HOW-TO when I get some free time, I hope to have it ready by next weekend.

contribooting

Fringe s03 so far

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z84483

pics taken from the episodes themselves from googleimages ;L

In the XML file, the title, for example, is  Fringe - 301 - Olivia, however, the files in  the rar file is  301-Olivia.  Does this matter in the XML file

What is this in the XML file?

Also, saw some posted DL files that show the above, and the posters and backdrop reference the TVDB.  Does it matter.

This is how it retrieves the movie backgrounds from themoviedb.org (or tmdb).  The TVDB is for thetvdb.com which is for TV shows.

it’s was my first try with the app i forgot to edit it!

But you can do it if you want it doesnt matter

ANSWER: Have you tried to recompile your media library, if you name the XML files IDENTICALLY to the filenames in which you’re using you should not have any issues once you restart the hub… if restarting the HUB is not working then you might need to manual clear your media library so that it can completely recompile your library. If that doesn’t work than i have no idea why it isn’t working for you… maybe someone else can help?> * * *

Weird - renaming the files to match the XMLs = No metadate.

renaming the XMLs to match the files = metadata works just fine…

who knows why, but it worked… :slight_smile:

Only Fools and Horses Season 3 (xml & jpgs)

http://www.4shared.com/file/TugK_nLy/Season_3.html

Tried Thumbgen.  Set to XML, but all I get is TGMD files???

Before you generate the data with Thumbgen, you have to make sure that you have the Generate .nfo file box checked on the top.  You will see on the top 8 check boxes, the 3rd check box needs to be checked.  Even though it says “Generate .nfo file” , it will generate the .xml.   “Generate metadata” will generate the .tmgd file.

I’m new member. can you create a tutorial for wd live hub with ThumbGen. thanks Angelo italy

Working on it.  Will try to have it posted by the weekend.

Don’t think a tutorial will help you because you do not read… I HAVE MADE numerous posts asking users to post ANY AND ALL questions about TV metadata OUT of this thread

THIS THREAD IS SPECIFICALLY FOR POSTING OF METADATA XML FILES NOT FOR QUESTIONS ON HOW TO USE THEM, IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE REGARDING THE USE OF THUMBGEN OR JUST USING THE XML’S FROM THIS THREAD, CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD.

Thank you

What is the use of the JPG sheet that is generated.  Any use to the HUB??

I guess I should be asking these questions on another thread since this is just for uploads…Sorry

Stargate Atlantis - Season 1 (xml & jpgs).

http://www.4shared.com/file/YXegqb9m/Stargate_Atlantis_-_Season_1.html