TV SHow metadata not working since new firmware update

Since the new update, I haven’t been able to get metadata for my tv shows.  My naming format is like the example below

TV Shows/Harrys Law/Season 2/Harrys Law - 2x08.mkv

That naming scheme has always worked, but with the current firmware, TVDB is not an option for metadata source, when I try to manually search I only see TMDB  available.

I downgraded to the previous firmware and things went back to normal. 

My question is, has the naming format been changed?  Or is there a specific format to use to have files recognised as TV Shows so TVDB will be used for metadata as opposed to TMDB?

It is working for me, but my shows are named a bit different:

Harrys Law.S01E01.mkv  

Try this format just to see if it work for you:

Harrys Law.S02E08.mkv

I’ll reupdate and give it a try…but I really don’t like the fact that they changed the naming format or removed the ability for it to pick up on the naming format I have been using with it since I got it. 

Any updates on this ? I’m having the same issue. Movies scrape ok but virtually nothing for TV shows.

Yes, lots of updates.   You need to make sure your file names are matchable.

Have done a bit of testing and found the following naming conventions work :

Show.Name.SxxExx.Episode.Name.extension

Show Name.SxxExx.Episode Name.extension

Show Name.Sxx.Exx.extension

This is a PITA as none of my shows are in this format. I started to rename them all manually and then went looking for a better option.

I found sickbeard has a convenient ‘Rename Episodes’ button which does a whole series in a matter of seconds. Potentially saved me hours of mucking around.

This bug still exists for me (lastest 1.06 firmware)

Seems pot luck which meta source database it searches.

Two files in the same folder:-

1. Luck S01E01.mkv - searches the movie database so doesnt find it

2. The Listener S01E01.mkv - searches the TV database so finds it

Its becoming annoying now to the extent that I;m thinking of returning the WDTV player as not fit for purpose.

Its not even as though I can direct the meta source to the correct database when getting content info

csiman1 wrote:

This bug still exists for me (lastest 1.06 firmware)

Seems pot luck which meta source database it searches.

Two files in the same folder:-

1. Luck S01E01.mkv - searches the movie database so doesnt find it

1. The Listener S01E01.mkv - searches the TV database so finds it

Its becoming annoying now to the extent that I;m thinking of returning the WDTV player as not fit for purpose.

Its not even as though I can direct the meta source to the correct database when getting content info

As explained above, I suggest you add a “.” before the SxxExx.

Such as 

Luck.S01E01.mkv

If anyone has the need to rename all of their episodes, don’t do it manually.  Use a renamer.

Here is one that I use.  

http://www.den4b.com/?x=downloads

It has rules that you create very quickly and save you minutes or hours.

My vote for best renamer goes to:

http://www.therenamer.com/

Does both TV episodes and movies.  Saved me hours.

1 Like

The renamer is really great for this type of batch reformatting of names and automatically moving shows into season and series folders etc. So another vote for that.