TV show meta-source

So I’m trying to get the source info for the American Dad TV show and for some reason the WD SMP does not gather the correct source info. I.e. If I try to gather info for season 5 it will pick the episode name and synopsis from the previous season of the same episode number. I’ve tried to label the file a few different ways: “American Dad - S01E01” “American Dad.S01E01” etc. But still the same result. Maybe I should include the episode name? I think I’ve actually done that too… Does anyone know what way works? I really should just get a different meta-source for TV shows but I don’t know how to
write a scraper *shrugs* It also just assigns the same cover art for every American Dad season/episode So boring.

Please tell me the Season and Episode number for an episode that’s finding the wrong information.

… also tell me the Season Episode number it is actually retrieving.

Exact file name when executing “get content info”… “American Dad.S05E18”

Exact information “get content info” has gathered…“American Dad! Season 5 - 18 Weiner of Our Discontent”

“Weiner of Our Discontent” is from Season 4. It should read “Great Space Roaster” I know that It’s “Great Space Roaster” because I’ve watched that episode a bunch of times before.

Exact file name when executing “Get content info”…“American Dad - S05E01 - In Country Club”

Exact information “get content info” has gathered…“American Dad! Season 5  - 1 1600 Candles”

Again 1600 Candles is from Season 4.  I was wrong about it listing the previous season number. It does display the correct season just the wrong episode name. Didn’t have my cup of coffee this morning.  ;/

So yeah, I have tried naming the episodes 2 different ways as demonstrated above. Suggestions?

According to both IMDB and TVDB.COM, both of those *are* from Season 5, not Season 4.

I know they are both from season 5, but those episode names are being fetched from Season 4. Those are not season 5 episode names.

Fennec wrote:
I know they are both from season 5, but those episode names are being fetched from Season 4. Those are not season 5 episode names.

Your files are named wrong, then.

S05E01 is 1600 Candles.

S05E18 is Weiner of our Discontent.

So the WD is fetching the correct information given the Season / Episode you provided.

“In Country Club” is Season 6, not Season 5.

“Great Space Roaster” is Season 6, not Season 4 or 5.

Hmm ok. I was looking at Wiki for episode information.
Either it’s wrong or I misread it. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_Dad!_episodes
I will use TVDB.org for TV episode/season info. Is there anyway to get the artwork to shuffle like it does for movies?

Are you maybe looking at DVD’s vs broadcast seasons?

Futurama has this problem where the seasons are divided differently on the DVDs vs how they were broadcast…

IMDB and TVDB’s “Season 1” was split into two seasons according to the Wiki.

TVDB/IMDB      Wiki

S01E01-E07 = S01E01-E07

S02E01-E16 = S01E08-E23

So, everything after Season 1 is going to be one season off.

TVDB does have a different DVD ordering, but even that doesn’t match the Air Orderings above.