Tv live hob not working

Hi

my live hub has frozen on the page below, i have tried rebooting it several times and also tried the reset button on the bottom but it is still stuck

anybody got any ideas on what i do next

thanks

As Tony said … it looks very much like you a running a custom theme.

Now, if there is a ‘problem’ with the theme … then the 1st thing to do is apply the “Mochi Default” theme

try this …

keep pressing the “SETUP” button (on the wd remote control) numerous times Quickly as the box was rebooting itself.

(this can take 30-60 Seconds)

eventually the “SETUP” screen will appear … then stop pressing the “SETUP” button … wait a few seconds

and the navigate to “APPEARANCE” … Navigate and Select “Mochi (Default)” Theme and press “OK”

if all is good … then Do Not use the custom theme that you or someone else put on the device.

Note: i dicovered the above procedure when i accidently made a mistake editing a theme … and it caused the WDTV to boot loop.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Be-Carefull-Editing-Home-XML-S/td-p/146450

Hi

tried that still get the same screen

not sure what you mean by a custom screen, we have only used it to store and play music

it hung on this screen once before and cleared when i rebooted it,

any other ideas would be appreciated

thanks

janice

Hi, my wd tv has stopped working, it is stuck on a blue folder page and will not return to the home page, i have rebooted it several times and also used the reset button

can anybody help me get it working again

thanks

Blue Folder page??

HI

The screen is blue and there is a  yellow music folder on it, some times after a reboot its on a video folder, even though i don’t have any videos stored on it

i have tried pressing the home button on the remote but the sreen is frozen on this blue coloured screen

thanks 

Can you take a photo of this screen and post it?  

Hi

hopefully you can see the screen, after rebotting and resetting it will not move from this screen

That’s not a WD TV Media Player… That’s a WD TV Live Hub, apparently running a custom theme.

The Hub has its own forum here. http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/bd-p/wdtvlivehub

janicehills wrote:

not sure what you mean by a custom screen, we have only used it to store and play music

That “screen” is not part of the WD firmware.   It’s been customized.

Hi

i have had this device for a couple of years, we have used it to store and play music only , we have never customised the screen, didn’t even know we could do that, or even that the machine could do it

the machine seems to have crashed big time

its a heep of do do

will not be buying a replacement

i assume from the posts that nobody knows what is wrong with it so we can safely assume it has -  to pardon the phrase - **bleep** its-self!!

now off to buy an mp4 player

thanks for trying

j

janicehills wrote:

Hi

i have had this device for a couple of years, we have used it to store and play music only , we have never customised the screen,

If that’s how it looked when you bought it, then you must have bought it used or second hand, in which case who knows what else was done to it…