TV Live drops NAS media server

Hello,

Not a major problem but annoying. My TV Live won’t connect to Twonky media server on my Freecom DataTank using the Media Server option in the TV Live menus. It’s plugged into the DataTank LAN side. I can get to it as a Network Share fine and everything plays. But through the Media Server option the relevant media folders appear and for a split second I can navigate them but then the connection is closed with the error message “There was a problem connecting to the network. The device could not connect to the network”, which it patently did manage as I could temporarily navigate the media folders!

The DataTank (LAN IP) is set as the DNS and the Gateway on the Live TV and these settings work fine for both a Netgear EVA700 and a Freecom MusicPal on the DataTank LAN at the same time (or not) - both these will connect to the Twonky server.

I can make the TV Live will connect to Twonky through the TV Live Media Server menu option if I plug a spurious Gateway IP into the TV Live - but then, of course, I can’t see the www or connect to a Network share.

As I say not a serious problem as I can do all I need to. But, any thoughts?

Have you search the rest of the forum about this? I’d give it a try. Or, have you tried contacting WD’s Technical Support about this? I would consider giving them a call or sending them an email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en