Turning Off Icon Checkboxes

How do I turn off the green checkboxes that appear on each file icon? The checkboxes that appear on each file’s icon, indicating that it’s been successfully backed up.

Not sure if I’m understanding your question.

But the appearance of the backup boxes can not be changed or turned off.

It works like this by default as an indicator that the file in question has been backed up.

When I first ran the sw, I thought I saw an option to show the checkbox icon or not.  That’s what gave me the idea that if it was an option, that it could then be turned off…

If I uninstall the WD software, will that remove the checkbox icons? 

Still an open question, if the WD experts to address, that would be great

If you remove the software you will not have any icons since the software is no longer present on the computer.

Whenever you need direct assistance from WD support, you can use the options on the link bellow:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

I ran the uninstaller, but all the checkboxes remain.

can you take a screenshot of the checkboxes your talking about?

Any help here?

This looks like the files are linked with another application on your computer.

That app might be applying those attributes to your files.

Why would you say that? The icons are Western Digital icons. They relate directly to if a file has been backed up or is marked for future backup. They only appeared after installing the Western Digital backup software. How do you come to the conclusio that it’s not the WD software?

Ross1 wrote:
Why would you say that? The icons are Western Digital icons. They relate directly to if a file has been backed up or is marked for future backup. They only appeared after installing the Western Digital backup software. How do you come to the conclusio that it’s not the WD software?

Hey Ross1,

If the software does have the option to show the boxes on installation, I would reinstall the software and uncheck the option to show the boxes.  Then uninstall the software.  Maybe that will get rid of them.