Tuner: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD-USB

Hi there.

does the new Firmware Release 1.12.14 support the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD USB (DVB-S/S2) as connected tuner?

Regards Peperony

Hi,

sorry I do not have an answer to your question but have a similar one. :wink:
Which TV Tuners are supported at all? DVB-T/ DVB-S etc?

greets

Christian

They are listed in the release notes…

Hi,

you mean this one:  Fw Release Notes

Can´t find any information in that file regarding tv tuners.

greets

I can say this the the hauppauge hvr-950q works for me. The software is a little flaky but it does have a good picture.

My bad, wasn’t paying attention. It is working on a Live Hub. Should work on the Live Streaming.

“Supports Hauppauge in select countries. WinTV tuner required. Compatible tuner listed in Knowledge Base
Article 5688.”

Third entry under the new fw.

EDIT: And of course, the KB-article isn’t updated.

Nothing else was to be expected.

1 Like

Yes there is not too much documentation about that feature.

I am looking for a tv tuner which support sat tv.

But thanks anyway for the provided Hauppauge one.

greets

Christian

Can you give me some information about hooking up the hauppauge hvr-950q?

You just plug it into your wd tv live, then you can watch your tv on your wd live? or do you have to watch it on your computer only?

If i can watch it on my WD tv live I will buy one tomorrow.

Of course you plug it into you LIVE Streaming and not the PC.

Live TV Adapters:

Device Name Device Model
Slingbox New! SOLO
Slingbox New! PRO-HD
Slingbox New! 350
Slingbox New! 500
Hauppauge! New! WinTV-HVR-950Q
Hauppauge! New! WinTV-NOVA-T

1 Like

If I have my WD TV SMP connected to my 42" LED TV, I don´t understand the possible uses of connect a Hauppauge Live TV adapter to the SMP.  What could they be?.

Well you can record programs directly to your hub etc.

Ok with a Hub I see, but with a SMP?.

You can also record to an attached drive.

Thnak you for the answers. And the last one, what European countries the Hauppauge app service is available?. Because it´s not in Spain :confused:

Any plans to support the older WinTV HVR-950 (aka EyeTV Hybrid)? I tried this with my WD TV but only got the screen “requires compatible WinTV tuner”.

The tuner is labeled EyeTV Hybrid, but System Profiler (Mac) identifies this as a “Hauppauge WinTV HVR-980” (which Hauppauge doesn’t know about, apparently). In Windows 7 MCE and MythTV (Linux) it’s called a “Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950” and works fine with both.

Thanks for your answers. As I see, the “Nova-HD-USB” is not supported.

But my “WinTV-NOVA-T” seems to work fine: Tuner scan did found all DVB-T channels we have here in Hamburg, Germany, and it does record on my USB WD Elements Harddrive, yeah! :slight_smile:

Feature request: Tuner support for my “Terratec Cinergy S2 HD USB” as it comes with linux support:  http://linux.terratec.de/tv_en.html

Regards

You are definitely not wrong about the software being flaky. As for the features offered if I had of known how basic they were I probably wouldn’t have parted with my cash to buy the tuner. Here’s hoping for a better tv tuner experience in a future firmware update :slight_smile:

Hi guys.
I’m from Italy and I’d like to know if in my country is supported the Hauppage! App because I’ve already updated my Wd tv live hub to firmware 3.08.14, but in Live TV folder I can see just the SlingPlayer app.
I also connected a WinTV Nova TD Usb stick (the dual tuner version of the Nova T with the same tuner chip inside), but nothing appened.
Is there anyone who knows in which european country Hauppage! App is available?
Thanks to everyone for the support!