Trying to unbrick My Cloud Gen1

So, I messed up on trying to allow my gen 1 My Cloud to accept third-party apps. Ended up contacting Fox_exe for instructions to restore said NAS. My biggest problem is trying to connect my PC to the NAS device using Telnet server. I have the server on an old windows 7 laptop. I know (at least I think I know) that it is connected because I entered telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl into the server and began watching an ASCII version of Star wars.

The main issue I am having is that I cannot connect to port 23, which is the default port. I even went into the AT&T router and was allowed to access telnet server on port 23 and was given a public IP address.

That being said, I have no idea as to what I am doing wrong trying to access my My Cloud. I am even logged in on my laptop as Administrator. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

It may be easier to simply pull the hard drive from the My Cloud enclosure and connect it to a PC, then follow Fox_exe’s directions for unbricking using a Linux boot CD.

You might be onto something. I’m just a little miffed about telnet. I guess that is why it is seldom used. Thanks, again.