Trying to find latest drivers/firmware for USB 3.0 card

A few months back, I purchased this from amazon.com:
Western Digital SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCI Express (PCIe) Card

• Brand Name: Western Digital
  • Model: WDBFNJ0000NNC-WASN

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GF1PC2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. The original installation went just fine, but I never did test to see if transfer speeds were any faster. The instructions specifically mention to install the software first, then the hardware. Recently, I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 Ultimate (x64). I never did remove the card. I tried running the software with the hardware already installed. Well, the drives are recognized and all, but the transfer rate between the two drives (one is Seagate 3.0 and one is WD 3.0) is only around 50 MB/sec…USB 2.0 speed, right?

So, from what I’ve been able to find over the past couple of hours is that I can’t contact WD about the card. They know nothing, and the product can’t be found on their website. In device manager, it’s listed as NEC Electronics, and it seems there’s been some combination of forces between NEC Electronics and Renesas.

Questions:

1. I have found updated drivers and firmware for NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 cards, but they are broken down into different models or families. For instance, most of them use a number along the lines of uPD720200/uPD720200A Version 2.1.27 WHQL
    uPD720201/uPD720202 Version 3.0.8.0 WHQL
    So, how do I find out what my uPD number is, so that I grab the right files?

2. Do I need to uninstall current drivers/software, remove the card from my PC, install the correct drivers, and then install the card back into my machine (See bit about installation instructions near beginning of post.) OR can I just find the updates and install them without removing the card? If so, do I uninstall the old drivers, or just install the new drivers and firmware over the top of the existing files?

I hope that makes sense. If you need any more info, just let me know.
Thanks in advance!

To my understanding WD only released the original firmware and drivers for that PCIe card… i couldn’t find anything new since 2010

I’d love to get an answer for this as well. Same sort of problem, except I cant find my driver install CD, and there is nothing on WD site for this card and drivers.

Which reference card should we be using for drivers?

PITA, I re-installed windows and now I cant get the card to work due to lack of drivers (disk).

Is this what you’re looking for?

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=123&sid=127&lang=en

By the way, the driver only comes for 32bit.