Trying to create a SafePoint

I am trying to create a safepoint.  I have a WD 2T My Book.  I open the Create section under SafePoints.   I click the Discover button.  The only thing discovered is WORKGROUP.  I doesn’t actually call out my PC by name.   When I click on WORKGROUP I am presented with four options:

admin$

c$

d$

print$

I pick the “c$” option.  After clicking on c$,  I am asked to enter in a Device Access, User Name and Password.  I enter in what it is asking for and move on.  Next I am asked to enter in a Share Access, User Name and Password.  I have no idea what to enter here.  I tried a few things but could not fill in the User Name and/or Password correctly.  I am totally stumped!!! 

I have only two Shares on my WD Drive.  They are “Public” and “Smartware”.  Public share has all my files.  Smartware share is empty.

So here is my question.  What is the Share Access, User Name and Password? 

In order to better assist you with your inquiry please confirm which My Book  model do you have.

This forum is for standard USB drives.

This is the model number that I have.

Model Number:  WDBACG0020HCH

straw2gold wrote:

I am trying to create a safepoint.  I have a WD 2T My Book.  I open the Create section under SafePoints.   I click the Discover button.  The only thing discovered is WORKGROUP.  I doesn’t actually call out my PC by name.   When I click on WORKGROUP I am presented with four options:

admin$

c$

d$

print$

In general, you cannot use those shares.   Those are “Admin” shares which are only accessible to an admin account under specific conditions.

You need to create a share yourself, and connect to that share instead.