Trying to connect to private share

I have a MBL setup with a 1 public share and 1 private share. The private share is assigned to Mark.  The user Mark has a password set in the MBL UI.  Using a Win7 PC with username Mark with no password. 

I’ve mapped the public and private shares to my Win7 PC and checked the box “remember credentials” and
“reconnect at logon”.  When I restart the PC, it cannot connect to the shares and I’m forced to re-enter my credentials.  why is that?  If I remove the password from the username, it’s no problem.

additionally my wife has a win7 notebook with a user account “Lynda” with a mapped drive to \MYBOOKLIVE\Public.  I occasionally use the notebook and want to connect to my private share.  If I map a drive and check the box “login using different credentials” and try to login with username “Mark” and the password, it will not accept it.

Windows won’t let you do that.   With Windows you can log in using ONE account ONLY.

If you want to change accounts, you must first disconnect and delete all maps to the first account.

This is a Windows thing.  No other OS has that issue.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Windows won’t let you do that.   With Windows you can log in using ONE account ONLY.

If you want to change accounts, you must first disconnect and delete all maps to the first account.

I do it all the time, use net use command on \mybooklive and then again on the devices ip address using a different set of credentials.

Theagustin wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

I do it all the time, use net use command on \mybooklive and then again on the devices ip address using a different set of credentials.

Well, yeah, because MS will consider that two different systems.  ;)