Trying to add a second 6tb disk

I recently bought an EX4, I have one drive currently installed and now I’m trying to add a second. However I’m getting this window pop-up: Hard Drive Information, The system is busy. Please wait until the system LED turns solid blue before inserting another drive.

Prior to inserting this second drive it was solid blue. After inserting second drive, I get this message and the system LED starts to constantly flicker. I’ve pulled the drive out but the light still continues to flicker.

Does anybody know how do I get it to stop besides doing a full shutdown and how exactly am I suppose to install this second drive if this pop-up keeps happening?

Welcome to the Community.

Usually, once you get this message the best option is to wait around 5-10 minutes. You should then be able to go to she storage section and set the additional drive after the message disappears.

Hiya,

Thanks for the solution, the message never disappeared for me after 20 minutes of waiting which led me to shutting down the NAS, popped the drive in and restarted it. The message no longer appeared and I was finally able to format the drive after it did the drive test.