Trouble creating safepoing

I’m having trouble creating a safepoint, each time I try I get the following error:

• Your safepoint cannot be updated due to a failed request. Please try again. (36323)

It then takes my back to the safepoint UI where it says “This safepoint is in an invalid state, try updating to fix the problem”

Any ideas what the issue could be?

I also had safepoint issues that I eventually solved by:

creating a new safepoint

schedule the new safepoint to be created when no activity is expected on MC

after new safepoint was correctly created scheduled automatic updates when no activity is expected on MC

after new safepoint updated with no errors deleted original (old) safepoint

Be aware that the time of safepoint update in notification center might not be your actual time. My time zone is EDT, the time reported in notification area is PDT.

Timberflake wrote:

I’m having trouble creating a safepoint, each time I try I get the following error:

• Your safepoint cannot be updated due to a failed request. Please try again. (36323)

It then takes my back to the safepoint UI where it says “This safepoint is in an invalid state, try updating to fix the problem”

Any ideas what the issue could be?

HI,

From the error it is usually means, you already have a current safepoint but it got corrupted somehow. Safepoint cannot correct it (update it) and keeps faiing.

if this is the case do the following:

1. Properly eject the USB device from either dashboard or quickview,

2. disconnect or power down the USB drive

3. reboot the mycloud, be patient and wait for the blue light.

4. power up the usb drive, wait and be patient until it fully connects (check in dashboard when USB icon is highlighted)

5. try updating the safepoint, if it does not work, try deleting it (make backup first if needed) and create a new one.

if you were trying to create a completely new safepoint with no other safepoints (neve seen this before) try 1-4 above and try creating a new safepoint.

if it still fails, do 1 and 2 above, then do system only restore, conenct the usb drive and try again.

NOTE: the safepoint may not be actually corrupted, you can check it in File Explorer in Windows. Drill down to the shares in safepoint folder and recover the files (DO NOT OVERWRITE what you already have) check them first if they are complete.