Trouble Backing up a "My Cloud Mirror" with a "My Cloud"

Hello - I have a MY CLOUD MIRROR at one location and I want to use a second MY CLOUD at a second location to back up a folder within the original MY CLOUD MIRROR.

I’m attempting to do this by accessing the “remote backup” feature within the MY CLOUD MIRROR NAS. It appears to be set up exactly to do this - it’s an offsite backup of an onsite backup, if that makes sense. When I get to the remote backup, I’m able to log in, and to start setting up the “job.” So the MY CLOUD MIRROR is successfully communicating with the MY CLOUD.

It all seems to be fine except when I get to this screen and have to enter passwords, see screen capture:

When I attempt to choose the Destination Folder, it gives me this error:

I know I have to set the password in the offsite MY CLOUD device before I can set this job up - but I have tried and tried and can’t figure out what password I am getting wrong. I’ve created every password I can on that remote site, including the SSH password (and have entered them correctly) but it constantly refuses to connect. And since it’s off site, I can’t just run back to it every time I try to set it up. Does anyone know what password I am missing and how to create it?

Is there some reason that prevents a MY CLOUD from being a remote backup to a MY CLOUD MIRROR?

FWIW, the MY CLOUD MIRROR is 4TBx2, but set up in spanning or bridging mode, so it’s 8TB in capacity. The second MY CLOUD is 8TB.

Perhaps it would be best to contact WD Support about this. You can do so over the phone or via E-mail.

Perhaps you need to add port forwarding on the remote end? There’s reference to a support doc within the mirror manual.