Trickle style view

Hi TW just wanted to clarify, for the avoidance of doubt, that my last comments re up, n down was only based upon the 'preview view ’ (second screen shot) and not the trickle style view which i reckon is top notch!

I do however agree that the director actor info is best justified to left, not centre. 

Thanks everyone for the input.

I was afraid that the Preview mod was a little over designed, so I’ll have to take that back to the drawing board and probably have to do a complete rework of that view.  I may have something new in a day or 2.

As for moving the actor, director to the left, I can do that (although I’m not sure if I agree, but that’s my personal preference), it’s a fairly easy change and I have some other ideas for the metadata I want to try anyway.  Until then, here’s 2 different pics with the actor / director in different places for every one to mull over.

I’m also thinking of doing something with the with stuff at the top (time, date, folder icon, etc.) to make more room for the metadata.  I’ll try to have some new stuff up in a few days.

Just keep the comments coming, I’ll try to implement some of the ideas were possible or pratical.

And I will be including my Cover box templates with this mod, since you will need them to make the trickle effect work.  If you want just the cover box images, I will try to upload them soon.

Again, I apprecitate everyones input.

Thanks,

T

Ok, here’s a little rework of the Preview mod.   I may try eventually to do 3 rows rather than just 2 or I may stick with 2 rows and make the thumbnails bigger, it really depends on the space that I have to work with, either way I’m going to have to completely rework the background.  Anyway, see if you like this better.

See it HERE, until it gets approved.

Excellent work as usual TW…

Yes i would keep it that way and try and get the thumbnails a little bigger.

Try this on for SIZE.

Is this theme available for download?

no yet

work in progress :wink:

Just give me a little while, this is taking a while because of all the re-writes of the xmls.  I’m hoping to have some sort of beta version out fairly soon.

Here’s a new rework on the Gallery View.

Altenate link for the pic:  HERE

1 Like

excellent !!!

I jump up and down with impatience

OMFG YES YES YES

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING – RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE

DUDE, PLEASE HAHA IM BEGGING YOU… RELEAAASEEE ITTT

Like, you have no idea, how freakingly amazing that your work is… It blows any and all other themes out of the water… I cannot wait to have this theme, i absolutely hate the themes WD developed, look like ■■■■

and the only other one i use is PsychoTHC’s Andonized.

Your theme looks so clean, professional and the way the this HUB should have been released looking like. You get a cookie, props, a star, and a pat on the back . BUT RELEASE IT TODAY, BUGS OR NOT, I WANT IT haha… for real though, shoot me a pm and i’d love to test it out and give you all of my opionions and bug run-ins as i did this for PsychoTHC’s theme (he even notes my name on his web page as being a beta-tester) – im so impatient and this theme is so awesome, im beggin ya… shoot me a pm and let me beta test!

Tinwarble amazing work on both the new Gallery Trickle and Preview with bigger thumbnails…

I can’t wait to get my hands on your theme…

Hi TW!!

Just viewed your reworked gallery view and would like to pass the following comments-

1.  Liked the way you have made weather and cam icons at top smaller! Giving you more room for metadata as you intended.

2. Like the folder counter (4/34) style and location.

3. Like the revised favourite icon location.

4. just wondering why you have omitted the curved perspective png behind film metadata (See below)? I really liked this as it complimented the trickle folder view below. Obviously you have your reasons but just wanted to query this with you?

Thanks, again.

The reason that I went a different way with the backgound overlay was mainly because of space.  Where I too liked the curved look, it just wasn’t pratical due to a limitation of space.

I may come back later and look at giving that look, but it will probably mean getting rid of the time/weather icons and the Video icon and text to have enough room for it to look right.  I’ll probably release a mini-mod later for that change, right now I’m just basically trying to make everything work right with the reflections for all views.  And things may change between now & the time I get to a point of releasing a beta.

Also, if you look at the new version, the curve isn’t completely gone, it’s just not as much of a curve.

HI TW again!

Just an idea for you to consider when you get a spare moment.

Is it possible to make your preview mod look something like this-

Ignoring the left hand 2/3rds of the image- as yours is just as good, could you make xml data come up beneath movie preview like the bottom right hand side of view above?

Food for thought!

Your picture hasn’t come up yet.  But I can tell you NO.  You can’t do this in any view other than the Gallery View, this is because of how the firmware was written (which is dumb). 

WD didn’t put the language in the other views for it to understand what @@overview or @@browse_text or any or the other @@ for the metadata is.  As I’ve said before, it’s as if many people worked on development of the firmware, but none of them talked to each other.

Even though I haven’t seen your pic, I do understand what you want, and it is a grip of mine because this would have been easy enough for WD to allow the HUB to do this.

Yeh sorry i forgot the pic takes time to be vetted, but you’re right in assuming what it was!

Its so annoying of WD to limit the firmware capability as you say. Do you know if anyone is considering writing a new firmware for the hub? As i understand the only risk of installing such customised firmware would be loss of netflix and blockbuster, which with me being from the UK these are not available and even if they were i wouldn’t have the need to use the services.

thanks for the answer on green folder icon. 

how do you get the title in the middle? i tried “right” and its working fine but not “middle”

You have to use “hcenter”.

Ok, so here’s the Large Video view.

See it HERE, until it’s approved.