Transferring populated drives from MyBook duo to EX4100

Hello to you all (first post) Apologies if I make this sound overly complicated!

I have just got an EX4100 with two 4TB drives en-route.

However I would like to remove the two 3TB (in Raid 1) populated drives out of MyBook live duo and install them into the EX4100.

Basically is this possible? I hoped it would be a simple as plug and play but after a quick test with them in the EX4100 it did detect them but could not see any data.

Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Rory

No, it’s not really possible to do what you want.

If you’re familar with Linux Command line, you might be able to mount the partitions (which would require the drive to have drivers to support non-native file systems).

Your best bet is probably just to copy the files over to the drive, then wipe the My Book drives, and then install them.

Thank you for your reply, I guessed as much.

Yes coping is the plan then use those 3TB drives in the two remaining slots in the unit. As i now have two 4TB drives in raid 1 in my EX4100 is there any way to directly connect the Mybook to it? The reason i ask is i can imagine coping 3TB worth of data via a laptop will take some time! Basically i imagine the mybook to become extended storage of the EX4100. (or does the firmware issues prevent this) Alternately could i just plug one of the drives from the Mybook into to a SATA to usb cable directly into the EX4100 to extract the data?

Hope any of that makes sense?