Transferring from one WD Passport to Another

Being a bloke who can’t tell you the difference between a GB and a TB (okay, not that bad, but I’m pretty tech ignorant), I am hesitant to ask a naive question here. Alas, I must:

I have a 5-year-old WD My Passport [formatted to MS-DOS (FAT32)] external hard drive, from which I’d like to transfer all files to my new WD 2TB My Passport [I see it is formatted as ExFAT].

Both of these WD drives I’ve just been able to save files to, having hooked them both up separately to both my 2010 MacBook Pro and my 2017 MacBook Pro, using the USB cables that came with each HD, respectively.

However, when I have BOTH external drives to my 2017 MacBook Pro, wanting to drag files from the OLD to the NEW external hard drives directly, I cannot get any files to transfer–and I get a popup window with this code: “The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.(Error code -43)”

I then took a folder from my OLD external hard drive, dragged it to my Mac’s desktop, and then after it transferred fully, I tried to drag it into the NEW WD external drive, but the same “error code -43” popped up again.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi MJB69,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.