Transfering 2TB Data from WD WE2 to PC

I need to transfer data fast and safe.

To: Windows PC , new 2TB Drive

1. With regular network transfer, NAS to PC will take minimum 36 hours of constant copying. (max read speed is 5mb)
  • Can WD WE2 handle such an intensive task without any data corruption for such along time? Is there a way to verify the data after being copied?

Alternative way:
2. I was planing to mount the WD drive into a Windows PC and copy the data on the same size disk on the same PC.

• Do you thing that this is more safe and much faster and will I lose some file attributes during the file system conversion? What program do you recommend?

Thank you!
K

You can connect the drive directly to the computer’s Ethernet port and transfer data that way.

This should significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for the file transfer process to complete.

Thank you for your answer.

I was considering that but networks speed is limited to maximum 5MB. Even if the speed doubles its still painfully slow.

Is there some third party copy software for WD MBwe2 that compare md5 checksums ?

I will definitely  mount the WD drive into a Windows PC and copy the data on the same size disk on the same PC

What bothers me is what application I should use to safely  copy the files with no data corruption at all…

• Do you thing that this is more safe and much faster and will I lose some file attributes during the file system conversion? What program do you recommend?

Thanks,

K