Transfer files from pc to WD with external hdd

So both my PC and WD are wired to the router. However, the maximum transfer speed is 4 mbps, which isn’t a lot. Shouldn’t I be able to transfer with a lot higher speed?

Another question: I have an external hdd connected to my WD TV live. So is it possible to connect my computer and WD by a usb-usb cable and transfer to the external hdd connected to the WD? 

I’m looking for an alternative to connecting the external hdd directly to the PC and then connect it to the WD when finnshed. Seems outdated compared to network transfering etc. 

thadudedk wrote:

So both my PC and WD are wired to the router. However, the maximum transfer speed is 4 mbps, which isn’t a lot. Shouldn’t I be able to transfer with a lot higher speed? 

Is that 4 megaBITS per second, or megaBYTES per second?  The latter is fairly normal.

thadudedk wrote:

Another question: I have an external hdd connected to my WD TV live. So is it possible to connect my computer and WD by a usb-usb cable and transfer to the external hdd connected to the WD? 

I’m looking for an alternative to connecting the external hdd directly to the PC and then connect it to the WD when finnshed. Seems outdated compared to network transfering etc. 

No, you can’t connect the WD to your PC via USB.

It’s 4 megabyte per second. I think i read about someone who got it to transfer with 10 megabyte per second somewhere… Just dont’t know what to do to make it transfer faster…