Transfer data from Wd tv live hub to my cloud

If the Public share’s “Public Access” setting is not selectable, one can (if using older firmware) re-enable it through a bug in the Dashboard coding by trying to change the Public share name. Which will generate an error message, once that message is dismissed the Public Access option becomes selectable and can be set to either “On” or “Off”. Note that with firmware v04.04.00-303 WD has apparently removed this bug so the Public Access setting for the Public share is non selectable.

There are a variety of reasons why it is advisable, contrary to the WD My Cloud User Manual, not to put media in the Public share folder. See the [FAQ] Twonky DLNA Media Server Setup & Use for more information on why its best not to use the Public share folder to store media.

Unless the WD TV Live has its own internal mechanism or the capability to copy files to another network device then your only option is to use either a computer or mobile device to transfer the content from the WD TV Live to the WD My Cloud.