Tomato firmware on Asus RT-N16 and WD MyBook Live - Connected (Relay connection established)

I need to speed up my remote access when using WD2GO and I cannot seem to configure my WD MyBook Live with a direct conneciton in the remote access menu.

I am using Tomato Firmware v1.28.9054 MIPSR2-beta K26 USB Ext with my Asus RT-N16. 

I did added the following ports in the Port Forwarding: 80, 8080 and 443 towards my WD Mybook Live IP adress.

I am stomped ! :cry:

As far as I know, there’s no way to optimize the speed for now.

your remote access speed is determined by your internet connection speed on both ends wherever you mbl is and wherever your remote connection is.  I hope that makes sense.

Yes makes sense !

Just trying to get a direct connection instead of "Relay connection established’.

are you talking about when you’re on the same network?  If so, that’s why I recommended downloading wd link.  it’s on the mbl’s download page, and I use it all the time to map the drive by it’s ip address.  I never have problems connecting to the mbl with wd link.

THe WD link works fine for mapping the drive via the IP address.

I was just wondered how to configure my router so that the web access methods in the WB MybooLive is a direct connect and NOT relay.

when it comes to configuring your router, that’s something you’re going to have to talk to your router manufacturer about.  however, I’ve heard that you can do it through the ftp service on the drive.  I’d check around the my book live forum, I think I’ve read about others doing it.