Tmdb not cutting it - can we switch to imdb?

I’ve found that the tmdb just isn’t cutting it. Not all movies are available and most of the posters they send me are in a different langauge. Is there anyway to change the default scraper from tmdb to metadata.common.imdb.com?

Also, is there any way to increase the font size on gallery view? I have a 22" screen and I sit across the room. There’s no way I can read the movie descriptions from that far. Possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

By any chance did you try to contribute to TMDB? Add missing info, rate posters, set languages or whatever? You can always switch to imdb just make imdb scraper :slight_smile:

or use
http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/v2-1-released-WDTVHubGen-Looks-up-Movies-TV-Shows-and-creates/td-p/160548

hotmush wrote:

most of the posters they send me are in a different langauge. 

This is because WD hasn’t updated to use TMDb’s latest API which supports image language filtering. You should contact WD and ask them to update. We pushed the new version around a year ago now, so they’ve had plenty of time to update.

1 Like

I only have problem with covers when they don´t have language tag. As soon as you set language, you get correct cover. It also follows the % of votes.

Yes, but this is because the 2.1 API Western Digital is using doesn’t support any of this properly. v3 does.

Basically, the v3 API responds with the data the exact same way you browse the TMDb website. 2.1 doesn’t.

You guys need to bug Western Digital to try and get them to update. As I mentioned, we pushed v3 out in December of 2011. It’s primary purpose was to fix all of the issues we had in 2.1 (like this), but until WD updates you guys are getting a pretty sub-par experience.

1 Like

Who’s ever even heard of tmdb???

If WD was to add content from a movie review site, I’d be willing to wager it would be from somewhere like brownapples.com… or overripepotato.net

ClintonHammond wrote:
Who’s ever even heard of tmdb???

Almost anyone who does automated scraping…

IMDb doesn’t have an API.  IMDb is owned by Amazon, and they want a fortune for access to their database.

Cause their database is the best… and you get what you pay for…

Then pay for it.   You still cannot use it for automated scraping.  It’s a violation of use.

Read this.

http://www.imdb.com/help/show_article?conditions

Zzzzzzz…

PLUS - YOU can join the Movie Data Base and help make it better for yourself and everyone else! I joined because I was collecting 3 stooges stuff on my system and couldn’t get any info or cover art. So I joined it and put the data in for about 70 3 stooges shorts and now everything I use to scrape get the info! I’m adding stuff here and there as I see it’s needed and helping to IMPROVE the service, maybe you should too! :slight_smile:

Life is only what you make of it - it took me 62 years to quit whinning about it and just fix it myself :slight_smile:

I joined about 6-12 months ago and contribute regularly to the " themoviedb.org"

usename: draven68

I only post  “Posters” that are 1000x1500 and  “Fanart” that’s either 1920x1080 or 1280x720

And that, my friends, is the whole idea.

I have contributed a few things myself (additional cover art, etc) – but everything I have looked for is already there.

NEW material often appears faster on TMDB than IMDB, too.

I am usualy adin anime movies and series to TVDb & TMDb
nick- foetus :slight_smile: