Title and Ratings Metadata

First let me say thank you to the developers of this unit, I’ve been using networked Tivo HDs being served by pyTIvo on a Windows Server box for the last 2 years and trying to live a green lifestyle wasn’t easy when you have a box with a 600 watt power supply running 24x7, and 3 Tivo units all consuming power since they are ‘always on’,  not to mention this little guy does SO MUCH MORE!!!

So big question, one of the big pluses of the setup I was running was the ability to keep a text file in my movie directory with the same name as the movie that had all the title and ratings info (see sample below).

How hard would it be to add the ability to the WDTV Live Plus so that if it sees a corresponding .txt file with the same name as a movie, it would display all the information about that flick?

I used a simple GUI Metagenerator that I found on Sourceforge that did this in about 3 clicks so again all I’m looking for is the ability for the WDTV Live to read the data I provide.

The format that the Tivo and pyTivo used was like this:

Movie: Cars.iso < Movie Image File

Info: Cars.txt < Ratings Info File

title : Cars
movieYear : 2006
description : Prepare to peel out with this revved-up animated adventure featuring classic automobiles, plenty of fender benders, guffaws galore and a Route 66 road trip with a crew that doesn’t make pit stops. The star-studded voice cast includes Paul Newman, Owen Wilson, Bonnie Hunt and Cheech Marin. Nominated for the Best Animated Feature Oscar, Cars won Best Animated Film in the first category of its kind at the 2007 Golden Globes.
isEpisode : false
starRating : x6
mpaaRating : G1
vProgramGenre : Children & Family
vProgramGenre : Family Animation
vProgramGenre : Family Comedies
vProgramGenre : Ages 5-7
vProgramGenre : Ages 8-10
vProgramGenre : Blu-ray
vProgramGenre : Buena Vista Home Entertainment
vDirector : John Lasseter
vActor : Owen Wilson
vActor : Paul Newman
vActor : Bonnie Hunt
vActor : Cheech Marin
vActor : John Ratzenberger
vActor : Katherine Helmond
vActor : Larry the Cable Guy
vActor : Bob Costas
vActor : Ray Magliozzi
vActor : Richard Petty
vActor : George Carlin

Thanks in advance and again, great product!

Miguel Lombana

Phoenix, AZ

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea