Timemachine

good evening.

did i understand right, that doing backups with timemachine on High Sierra isn´t possible, due to my cloud home duos lack of connecting with samba? i have this noisy, blinking disappointment now for a few months, i didn´t get one backup completed since…on top of the box there is a Apple “Mac” Logo printed, normally the sign of “no-brainer-connect-to-mac-it-works” and i bought it just for time machine! so are there any plans for getting this fixed? i ´m not amused about my new paperweight.

why on earth is this thing called like the mycloud series, and has just a slightly different package?? the people at saturn etc don´t have any clue what they´re selling, and studying the box i would never have thought that this thing does absolutely nothing, ah, wait, it makes noise! and thanks to my new ips, it does make noise in relay mode, no chance to get it local…really awesome

no the MCH has a default SMB timemachine share the timemachine uses for the backup. I have a CH duo and Mac using timemachine to do backups with no issue. it was high sierra and now updated to mojave.

What specific issue are you facing?

Hello…

regarding this i cannot see a smb timemachine share :frowning:

further high sierra isn´t mentoined as supported:

Blockquote Supported OS Versions

Time Machine is supported on macOS versions listed below:

• macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)
  • macOS 10.10 (Yosemite)
  • macOS 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • macOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • macOS 10.7 (Lion)
  • macOS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • macOS 10.5 (Leopard)

Blockquote

summary i wasn´t able to get one backup completed. It always starts a new one, wasting diskspace and time…