Time status bar wrong time...(total time etc)

** I DONT believe this is 100% a WDTV Box problem but not sure… so read on…**

I have a hauppauge box that I get my recordings from my Directv receiver (off of component).

So I record the video off of it and it is a *.TS file.

I Edit out the commercials and it has to SPLIT the original TS Files… so lets say there is 4 of them @ 15 minutes each…

I Export them (EACH) and it turns them into HD MP4’s

I use another program to RECOMBINE them back together (basically no commercials now)…

All encoding is the same original… 1080p/60fps.

After the MP4 JOINER Puts em back together and I transfer it into my WDTV Live Hub box and I PLAY it, the time status bar on the LENGTH is WRONG… It actually plays the WHOLE File but the status bar stops at say 15 mins and shows a TOTAL length of 15 mins, but it plays the whole hour…

Any idea if there is a way to FIX this ? or what the problem may be or a utility to fix it ?

Im using to Join: MP4Joiner at mp4joiner.org

thanks in advance

*Update* just moved the file back to the PC and opened it with VLC Player, correct time IS reported, so a bug maybe in the WDTV Player of handling something in the file ?

I think you should try combining the *.ts first before you do any editing or encoding to mp4

thanks for the reply (for some reason I didnt get a email from this system telling me someone(you) replied/. Ill search the web for a .TS Combiner, do you have any suggestions on a free one that is relatively fast (to do the task)

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Transam98 wrote:

thanks for the reply (for some reason I didnt get a email from this system telling me someone(you) replied/. Ill search the web for a .TS Combiner, do you have any suggestions on a free one that is relatively fast (to do the task)

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

TSMuxerGUI

Cool thanks, Ive googled it and found that (newest version) Ill try that to recombine the files after I strip the commercials… and repost…my findings (it can take a little while as I dub stuff from my satellite box through component (HD with no DRM) then into the PC to get my high def video (then strip commercials)… thanks again