Time Machine

With the EX4 can multiple Macs backup to the same Time Machine share, or is it one Mac per share?

Multiple Macs can backup to the same share.

Thanks, I ened up proving it myself anyway with a couple of Mac backups to the EX4 yesterday.

All looking very good so far …

Great to hear. Let us know how your experience is with the product.

I am planning on upgrading some of our Macs to the lastest OSX 10.9 Mavericks. I have read that many people are finding it impossible to use TIme Machine on OSX Mavericks with at least one other major brand of NAS (and their beta fix is not even slightly working).

1. Is the EX4 working fine with Mavericks Time Machine?
  2. Will it be a problem that we’ll have a mixture of OSX 10.9 10.8 and 10.6?

Thanks.

Cyberacc wrote:

I am planning on upgrading some of our Macs to the lastest OSX 10.9 Mavericks. I have read that many people are finding it impossible to use TIme Machine on OSX Mavericks with at least one other major brand of NAS (and their beta fix is not even slightly working).

1. Is the EX4 working fine with Mavericks Time Machine?
  2. Will it be a problem that we’ll have a mixture of OSX 10.9 10.8 and 10.6?

Thanks.

1. Yes 

2. Yes - should work with a mix of Mac OSX builds.

1 Like

How to move an existing Time Machine backup on external WD USB drive to MyCloudEX4?
I’m seeing “The volume is the wrong format for a backup”.

Documentation says not to drop files into the “Time Machine Backups”, or “WD SmartWare” folders. (Make sense for general files, but how to migrate an existing Time Machine folder?)

I have two Macs running Maverick and it works great with EX4. I am also doing time machine backups as well. The only challenge I have is how to define storage quota to time machine so it does not fill up the EX4 storage. Anybody knows how to do that?