Time Machine doesn't see EX2

Hi,

I have recently purchased and installed a new EX2. I have configured it and I can connect to it from any of my 3 Macs and I can create folders, add files, delete them and so on.

However, despite the fact that I have mounted the Time Machine Share on the desktop, it does not show up in Time Machine as an available drive for backup. This is the same for any of the 3 Macs that I try to enable Time Machine

(I am not sure if it is related but I cannot access the EX2 dashboard from any Mac using http://.local and I can only access it using the IP address. However, using a mobile device I am able to to use either method).

As far as I can tell from my searches, everything appears to be configured correctly but perhaps I have missed something simple.

BTW - I tried to log a support ticket through the portal (twice) and was given an error.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello, how are you connecting the Mac to the network? Are you running the latest version of the firmware on the My Cloud? What Mac OS X do you have?

Yes, the My Cloud is definitely running the latest firmware as I updated it as I was configuring the device. Just to be sure, I even double checked it again from the dashboard to see if it was up to date…

The three Macs are connected to the network over Wi-Fi and are all running Mavericks (ie 10.9). The My Cloud is plugged into the router using an Ethernet cable.

All three machines can see the MyCloud and can successfully mount the shares on the desktop.