Time Machine "Backup Verification" error

I have just spent a few weeks backing up to MyCloud via TimeMachine.  Initially, everything worked fine, until it finished and I received a prompt: “Time Machine completed a verification of your backups on ‘WDMyCloud’. To improve reliability, Time Machine must create a new backup for you.” I can delay backup or start a new backup.

I am running OSX Yosemite and MyCloud is updated with most recent firmware.  Everything is working fine on MyCloud - I can access it and upload files to it.  I have run into this error several times with both OSX Mavericks and now Yosemtie -  I was hoping Yosemite would fix problem.  The last time it worked correctly was Mountain Lion.

Anyone have any suggestions?  I would like to get this fixed.  Thank you.

Lucas

Welcome to the Community.

I understand you have tried different versions of Mac OS, but do you get the same error when using other computers?

1 Like

good question.  no my wife is running mountain lion on her macbook and it is working perfectly.  we do not get the error. (same with me when i was running mountain lion, did not get error.  only when upgraded to mavericks and yosemite did i first get error)

Can somone please provide an answer to this question?

I have the same problem, and have been ever since upgrading to Yosemite. I have lost three backups, having been forced to erase them and start over, and the problem keeps recurring.