Thumbnails not showing for 2 of my movies

I have hundreds of episodes and movies on my external drive that the WD TV Live SMP has successfully retrieved the info for, and displays a nice little imag when I’m browsing. I have two titles that it did manage to find entries for in the DB, and downloaded the metathumb for, but the thumb is not displayed when browsing. When I go to view the content info it shows the thumbnail, but not when browsing… I have tried removing info, and retrieving it again, but it still downloads the thumb and does not display it. Only on these two titles. Any thoughts on how to fix it? I hate having the generic icon, I usually make thumbs for obscure stuff that isn’t in the DBs just to avoid it. 

101 dalmations is the first example that does this. It’s a file named 101 Dalmations.avi and I select the old animated version when doing ‘get content info’. 

I’ve seen this happen when the JPG file that comes from TMDB has an EXIF Thumbnail in it that is BLANK.

I used an EXIF data editor to strip the thumbnail tag out of those files.

Or, alternatively, you can just manually replace the metathumb with a jpg of your own choosing.

1 Like

Thanks, I will look into that tonight. 

I have the same problem with 101 Dalmatians (1961) and Alice in Wonderland (1951).

RugerRedhawk wrote:

I have hundreds of episodes and movies on my external drive that the WD TV Live SMP has successfully retrieved the info for, and displays a nice little imag when I’m browsing. I have two titles that it did manage to find entries for in the DB, and downloaded the metathumb for, but the thumb is not displayed when browsing. When I go to view the content info it shows the thumbnail, but not when browsing… I have tried removing info, and retrieving it again, but it still downloads the thumb and does not display it. Only on these two titles. Any thoughts on how to fix it? I hate having the generic icon, I usually make thumbs for obscure stuff that isn’t in the DBs just to avoid it. 

101 dalmations is the first example that does this. It’s a file named 101 Dalmations.avi and I select the old animated version when doing ‘get content info’. 

Did the get info create an xml file for each movie?

If it has try deleting the .wd_tv folder from your hard drive and restart the SMP. The .wd_tv folder will regenerate, it is where the SMP stores thumbs for different views and maybe showing a cached thumb.

Cheers

1 Like