Thumbnails don't get displayed


#1

I’m using

WD TV HD Media Player (Generation 1, model:WDAVN00)

Firmware :  Release 1.03 (11/9/2009)

most thumbnails show up, but some don’t …

even though all of them are of the same format

for example, this one doesn’t appear :

JPG format  … Resolution : 692 x 880  ( approx )

Size: 415 kb

BUT, this one does :  ( different image )

JPG format  … Resolution : 692 x 880  ( approx )

Size: 370 kb

so I’m confused & don’t understand why…

same resolution, nearly same size…same format…

are there certain requirements ?

is it a firmware issue ?


#2

I am having similar issue with Thumbnails. However you seemed to be far ahead of me. Here is my issue: After ripping all my CD’s in my WD Book and attaching WD TV, I can see that all the Thumbnails saved under a folder called “Music” and all my music is displayed without the Thumbnails. Can someone suggest how I can match the thumbnails with my music files?


#3

I had this problem too but here is the reason and a solution that works in most of the cases: JPG files are not all the same. There are format options. They display fine (most of the time) if saved as “Baseline (standard)” JPG format. If they were saved as “progressive”, they will not display. Open the jpg file in your image editor and “save as” the same name. This (at least in Photoshop) will allow you to reset the options as above. With other editors, you’d have to work it out. This works, literally, 98% of the time. I am not sure why it doesn’t work in the remaining 2%. Also, I haven’t worked out when it displays the thumbnail when the directory does not itself have media files but rather other directories with media files in them.


#4

hi, with the forums help i’ve sorted the hdmi problem out, been able to upgrade firmware etc but this not showing all thumbnail images is beating me.out of 46 folders only 3 actually show the image on my wdtv when connected even though there there on my external h/d.(the image is there on the 3 little clips that i copied from the wd cd) i cant see a diference from 1 album that shows the image or the ones that don’t, so am thinking of going back to basics and deleting all my folders and starting again.(none of my 24 films show the film image as a thumbnail either).

my question is HOW HAVE YOU RIPPED THE FILMS OR MUSIC CD’s TO YOUR HARD DRIVE THATS GIVEN YOU THE IMAGES AS THIUMBNAILS?(what program did you use). many thanks

phil