Thumbnail not moving

Hello,

Last week I copied lots of .jpg files to the EX2.

The drive created the thumbnails for all that pics. 

I see for most of my pics 2 thumbnails: 96x96 pixels and 1024x768 pixels.

Today, I moved a picture from one folder to the other, and I realized that only the small thumbnail moved out from the wdmc folder.

Do you have any idea why?

I usually download all my photos out from my camera to a folder and then reorganize when I have time. I wouldn’t like to have orphan files all over my drive.

Thanks!

Hi there, so if you double click on the file itself it will show only the size of the thumbnail? Also, try to verify the file name to make sure its the correct one, and try to copy the files instead of moving to see if the same thing happens.

ArMak wrote:

Hi there, so if you double click on the file itself it will show only the size of the thumbnail? Also, try to verify the file name to make sure its the correct one, and try to copy the files instead of moving to see if the same thing happens.

Hello,

I have made more tests.

If I copy and delete, it still keeps the larger thumbnail in the wdmc folder of origin. The only thumbnail moving is the smaller.

As the one not copying is the larger, when I double click the file I can see the image at 1024x768.

Thanks!

Hello,

Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks!

hi,

The wdmc folder seems tot upset many users. I’ve searched for and older topic that i knew it was here somewhere, i hope maybe it will answer some questions.

Also take a look at the second post on that page, maybe if you are dealing with alot of photos, you don’t want thumbnails residue files.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/Firmware-1-05-21-File-copy-fails-due-to-long-wdmc-paths/td-p/816175/page/2