Thumbgen sheets not working on my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player

@Mickroz

You’re missing:     release name.xml

“Inside release name.xml” needs to be the line : <backdrop>release name.ext_sheet.jpg</backdrop>

Missing either one of these, then of course,  Moviesheets won’t display.

1 Like

I wasn’t missing them, i kept them out, because the SMP starts downloading backdrops.

But you send me in the right direction, my xml files where filled with internet links, instead of local links!

i thought i had that setup, but when changing a profile, you have to set that up again, thanks JoeySmyth!

Got them to work, but its not working for cover trickles :frowning:

is there any workaround for this?

@Mickroz

Got them to work, but its not working for cover trickles

is there any workaround for this?

So, you got them to work … in  “Gallery View”  i presume ?   

This “Procedure” of displaying “Moviesheets” is based on Normal Firmware Operation of the SMP which will display “Moviesheets”

only in One View … “Gallery View

The “Other” Procedure of displaying “Moviesheets” is called “Linksheets” which can display for “Every View”

and also they instantly display.

But, that’s an entirley different kettle of fish. (and having an SMP has drawbacks with this procedure , but there are “beta” solutions)

My advice, since you’re using Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 ask Lesterbangs (the Theme Author) for assistance in his theme thread.

If you don’t post in the Authors thread … then they probably have not seen your questions.

1 Like

Yes, in Gallery View, been searching for it, and i guess i need to use standard moviesheets, because the SMP doesn’t read png files?

Quote Lesterbangs on whirlpool forum:

"Yeah, it would be nice, but the SMP Gen 3 does not support “Cover Trickle Files”. I tried to get it to work, but it is not possible until the SMP supports “PNG” files for the Thumbnails.

You see, its sort of a trick to get it going. Thumbgen makes the Moviesheet by looking at what movies you have alphabetically either side of the Movie you are making the actual Moviesheet for, and puts the Thumbnails in the Spray/Fan out look.

Then you set the Movie Thumbnail as a PNG, but you make it 100% transparent. Thus the normal flat row of thumbnails are overlayed on the Moviesheet, but you cannot see them (there transparent). So all you see is Cascade Trickle Files Moviesheet."

Thanks again JoeySmyth.