Thumbgen IMDb Problem

somebody else having problems with the imdb movie info?

sometimes i get the wrong movie and most of the text fields are empty. so missing info isnt filled with the imdb info.

i use the german imdb info, but the international doesnt work either.

If TG comes up with the wrong movie, (which sometimes happens to me even if I have the naming correct), once the data screen come up with the wrong info, you can hit “adjust keywords” on the menu bar above, and try a different naming format, add the year etc. For some movies it takes me several tries to get the correct one if there are other movies with similar names. Trying a few different things in the keywords, I am always eventual able to come up with the correct movie.

Good Luck

-P

yes i know, but that isnt the problem. he finds the movie but almost all info is missing. i forgot to say until yesterday everything worked fine.

maybe just some imdb based problems

Nevermind

I got a different problem when I am searching movies and shows MANUALLY and it has multiple result like example here

The Americans which premiered last night it gives me list of options and “choose it” I click the one I want in this case “The Americans (2013) (2013)”  and click “choose it” but when it goes to next screen it no matter what selects the first item in list instead of one I chose manually. Is anyone else getting this problem?  Yes I tried renaming the folders and episode name didn’t do anything

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4636/91708930.png

Just click on The Americans 2013 when chosen:

http://a.pictureupload.us/1740006383510bd5d935f62.jpg

@Lord Spawn, 

I have that issue about 1 out of every 15 or so movies. It is then that I have to change the keywords. Sometimes its as easy as adding a “the” or “And” and also adding the year a the end. such as “movie name 2012” That seems to clear up the issue of it always defaulting to a movie that you did not choose out of the list

-P

@LeDouche, LordSpawn etc

Clicking on the results does not work for that show.

Don’t mess around with names … Google the IMDB Number.

Click the “Adjust Keywords” Icon … then ‘paste’ the IMDB number  …  tt2149175 or tt2349740  into the search field.

Problem Solved  …  :wink:

Nice Joey, that’s very helpful. I have spent a lot of time fiddling with movie names in order to get it to choose the correct one. This will save a lot of time

-P

i see so typing in the imdb id number thingie works for keywords? thanks

lso i ahd the problem with EVERYTHING that ahd multiple choices same if i have it in automatic mode  i out the proper year in title name but still t autp chooses default result.

theres no other way to fix this problem?  because ever so often i get a ton fo new movies and a few might have conflicts like this and i dont know what theyd be so itd still be  problem lol

@LordSpawn

i see so typing in the imdb id number thingie works for keywords? thanks

Yes, the option has always been there.

imdb.jpg

For the other question … if you auto scrape 100 Movies and few fail, then thats an acceptable error rate in my books.

No biggie, to Manually get the ones that failed.

yah but still they should fix that.

Imdb collector is badly broken… I’ll fix it in the next days…

Just uploaded a new version that fixes at least the English info

Hi,

Is there a Mac version of Thumbgen ?.. or same kind ?

Or… is it planned to have one?

Thanks+

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Mac-Moviesheet-Generator/td-p/211276

Great.

Thanks for the link Joey :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have a problem too, but only with TV serie : when I select an episode (but not for all series), it says : “The preferred info collector does not supportsearch based on IMDB Id”

And the collector is on The TVDB.com.

Impossible to generate a thumbgen, even when I enter manually the title of the serie (for example Californication and The Walking Dead…), the serie is not found.

Thanks for any help,

ZEST_ wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem too, but only with TV serie : when I select an episode (but not for all series), it says : “The preferred info collector does not supportsearch based on IMDB Id”

And the collector is on The TVDB.com.

Impossible to generate a thumbgen, even when I enter manually the title of the serie (for example Californication and The Walking Dead…), the serie is not found.

Thanks for any help,

I don’t know if it could be related or not to your problem, The TV DB was down for quite some time yesterday. I was trying to get some things done and had to wait it out for a few hours. Once back online, smooth sailing!

Mmh, unfortunately no. I have this problem since a fews days… And still today.