This is were western digital is going down hill

looking at all western digitals hard drive internal and external i realize they dont care about your needs or mine only their need to make money for years ive used western digital products to do my builds and even builds for others then one day i ordered a hard drive and it showed up like the one on the left and middle in the image so i sent it back and for the last few years these types of hard drives have been on the market and western digital is the only company that does this and their junk because the cables come right off from vibration so i talk to a guy at western digital about this and he tells me theres a molex connector for it remind you i just payed a high end price for a good hard drive and now i have to put a connector in the middle of the drive and the cable to lock it in place which mean if problems come up then i have to figure out if its the drive the cable or the connector depending on which drive it is and how many i put in the computer so correct me if im wrong but if i pay their high price for a high end model shouldnt i get the top of the line build for my buck ratheir then what pleases them last i checked i was paying more for higher quality stuff if i wanted aggravation id just get the cheap ■■■■■■■ keep in mind the more parts added the more of a chance a problem can pop up and i know they have some nice warrentys on their black and higher end model 5 year warrentys at that but i dont think anyone wants to deal with problems for five years i mean after all id want to do buisness with a company that shows progress not ■■■■■■■-gress their excuse was they have to add more disk platters so it ends up like the two in the picture which i think is a line of ■■■■■■■ in the image those drives are no more then 2 tb drives but they put those peice of ■■■■■■■ interface for the cables on there and the one on the right is the same as the one in the middle in every possible way except the interface for the cables to connect to and maybe the firmware might be different now lets keep in mind seagate Hitachi dell and lenovo makes some big hard drives as well and you dont see them putting that ■■■■■■■ on there and to top it off they dont want to take the time to look up which model come with the interface like the one on the right just so i can avoid the junk like the one in the middle and left and western digital should get the maximum fine every day til they take that peice of ■■■■■■■ design off the shelfs so until they do away with that peice of ■■■■■■■ interface be careful were you buy your hard drives and make sure they have images all the way around the drive otherwise you will be ordering or buying and sending back alot a few months ago i needed to right zeros to a drive and i asked western digital for help on making an iso their reply use rufus mean while a 3 mb file is taking up a 16 gb flash drive because its not an iso seriously 3 mb so i figured it out myself on how to put an iso together for the drive i was working on and it did take a while to figure it out because im no computer tech or engineer everything ive learned about computers i figured out and learned on my own which tells me their engineers and companys they deal with are to ■■■■■■■-i-n-g lazy to make things worth anything any more and im really considering going to seagate at least there i get the tools i need for their product and the cables connect and lock if your interested in how the iso is made since western digital is to ■■■■■■■-i-n-g lazy and support aint worth a ■■■■■■■ any more heres the link to the video here and on youtube watch the video all the way throught to understand how its done

I apologize for any trouble you have been having with your Western Digital product.

Regarding the connector, Western Digital redesigned the connectors on some of our hard drives to be optimized for use in a variety of applications. For additional information on this you can refer to Answer ID 10477.

I have a simple question; Why, in the 21st Century, cannot I buy an expensive 4t Black WD internal Hard drive, plug it in and have it work? I am now up to my FOURTH day at trying to get it to work. My neighbour, a serious tech head is flummoxed. My PC uses Windows 10. latest upgrade. Device manager sees it but will do nothing to it. Keeps asking me toi refresh, over and over again. Then it suggests I download a driver from WD, which I cannot find.We have tried THREE SATA cables we know work elsewhere, no dice. I only have average PC knowledge, does this mean that only professionals can by WD stuff? Just another example of buying something, taking it home and finding it doesn’t work.

before you even get into the operating system first thing you need to look at is the bios and how old the mother board is chances are if it aint uefi bios it aint going to work right and if your in ahci mode in your bios and your windows system doesnt have a ahci driver that could be a problem and last time i did research a hard drive bigger then 3 tb required a uefi bios base and if you do have uefi bios in the bios features under storage boot option you might try selecting legacy first and under peripherls theres onchip set type you might want to select that to native ide til you get the ahci driver if that helps any

Thank you, checked all that and it was fine. Still no joy.Appreciate your help.

if it shows under device manager you need to go to Control Panel and select Administrative Tools and open computer management and on the left you will see disk management and select that then to the right you will see disk 0 disk 1 and so on if any of them are black you need to partition the drive but if its blue or green you shouldnt have to worrie about it mind if i ask were you got the drive and how many days it ended up taking before it arived at your door or did you pick it up at a store