Thinking about buying WD TV, I need some help!

Hello- I have some questions that I hope some of you can help me with? 1- Can I run more then one WD TV unit at one time in my house? If so I have 3 TV’s I would like to to run. One is newer with the Ethernet port, tow are a few years old without. If I can should I get say one Live Hub and two Live Plus or should they all be the same? And what really is the difference besides the hard drive space on the Hub? 2- If I can run 3 units will they they all share content? 3- I have Cat5 at all TV locations so that I can network everything, is this all I would need? My router only has a few ports so should I get a simple switch to make up for that? Will that work? 4- last but not least is it a good time to buy or is the new better one coming out soon??? Thanks a million guys! I am new to all of this stuff but LOVE IT!!!

Oh and what is the best Ripping program to use for DVD’s to save them on my computer?  I am sure this is more dificult then it needs to be but I want to learn. :slight_smile:

bakocaddy wrote:
Hello- I have some questions that I hope some of you can help me with? 1- Can I run more then one WD TV unit at one time in my house? If so I have 3 TV’s I would like to to run. One is newer with the Ethernet port, tow are a few years old without. If I can should I get say one Live Hub and two Live Plus or should they all be the same? And what really is the difference besides the hard drive space on the Hub? 2- If I can run 3 units will they they all share content? 3- I have Cat5 at all TV locations so that I can network everything, is this all I would need? My router only has a few ports so should I get a simple switch to make up for that? Will that work? 4- last but not least is it a good time to buy or is the new better one coming out soon??? Thanks a million guys! I am new to all of this stuff but LOVE IT!!!

Yes, you can run as many as you want.   Just make sure you give them unique names or it’ll screw up sharing something fierce.   

2- Yes, they can all share content.

3- Yes, that will work.

4- There’s always a better one coming out.   But no one knows when…

bakocaddy wrote:

Oh and what is the best Ripping program to use for DVD’s to save them on my computer?  I am sure this is more dificult then it needs to be but I want to learn. :slight_smile:

DVDFab works well and they update it very often. It is not difficult to use at all.

Thanks guys!  Has anyone seen a good wiring layout for using more than unit?  I am sure it’s somewhat simple but you know what happens when you think something is going to be a walk in the park,  it never is.

Oh and what about when you have cable boxes to deal with and you it only has one HDMI?  If I have a WD at each TV what should I do?

And should I just use one HUB and two plus units?  Or just all plus units?

Thanks again!

Should they all be the same?