my wdtv live did an auto upgrade today and now i cant access my network shares. was working fine a couple hours earlier. i am sharing my ubuntu laptop through a linksys router, with no username or password being used for the shared folder. i tried using a rollback file i found here (wdtvlive_rollback_1.02.21.zip). i loaded the rollback firmware which successfully completed, still no luck. now i have hard reset andits still not working.
as i said, everything was fine this morning. any advice as to how to get back to the previous firmware would be appreciated. it does see my network shares and i have cleared the login info and tried switching between auto and manual login.
I assume that you are back to the original firmware (1.02.21) as you say it successfully completed. Look under settings - system setting - about
It will tell you what firmware you are now running.
Try doing the ‘overkill’ reset.
reset via the side paperclip button with the unit on - it should reboot.
reset to factory defaults via the internal menu
unplug from power for some minutes (not seconds)
do all 3 before using the unit again.
You could also try:
- Navigate to Settings/Network Settings and set the automatic login feature to "Off.
- Clear the save password setting.
- Navigate to Video and select the Network share.
- At the login screen, enter the username and password to open the Network Share.
- Make sure that the video content can play.
- Navigate to Settings/Network Settings and set the automatic login feature to "On.