Theming 101

Is there anyone who can provide me with a (short) tutorial on how to change a theme? 

A couple of weeks ago I read something in the Hub forums about which files you should at least add to the theme package and how the theme works (I think it was mentioned that the default theme is “overridden” ?) but so far I haven’t been able to find that thread, even after a couple of hours of searching the forums 8)

I’m also sure that it will be very useful to have this information in a single thread. So any help here would be very welcome! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

The steps to get a theme working on a HUB and SMP are different.

To get it working on the SMP you just download the theme zip file on your computer.
Open a web browser - I use Google Chrome. Don’t use IE - people have issues with that browser with the theme upload process. Type your IP address into your web browser on your computer. After that you will see a WD login screen. Type “admin” as the password - Click “Appearances” browse your computer and upload the zip. Takes a few minutes to upload so be patient. The default “Mochi” theme is not overwritten - you can still select it, but you can only upload 1 additional theme to the SMP aside from Mochi.

You can’t use full functionality of many of the HUB themes FYI. Anyway - hope this helps you.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

I was aware of the uploading function of the web interface, thanks.

I was more thinking about a step-by-step guide on how to create the theme file, which files to put in it (I read something about having one of the files with the theme description - don’t remember which) and stuff like that.