Themes vs Templates vs ThumbGen

HELP! Please! Someone!  Can someone perform a VULCAN Mind Probe and install some wisdom into my old brain cavity?

All I want to be able to do is when I turn on my TV and select HDMI1 and then WD Live loads up and I go to my VIDEO Folder, it show my movies with the IMDb MPAA Rating on the moviesheets.

From what I can see, THEMES have nothing to do with this but maybe I am totally wrong.

I have insalled Thumbgen on my PC and my movies are all located on my WD MYBook LIve Network Hard Drive.

I have in a folder, four files which are:

1. A Good Day to Die Hard.avi
  2. A Good Day to Die Hard.avi_sheet.jpg
  3. A Good Day to Die Hard.jpg      A Good Day to Die Hard.jpg
  4. A Good Day to Die Hard.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<details>
  <title>A Good Day to Die Hard</title>
  <series_name>A Good Day to Die Hard</series_name>
  <episode_name></episode_name>
  <season_number></season_number>
  <episode_number></episode_number>
  <firstaired></firstaired>
  <overview>Iconoclastic, take-no-prisoners cop John McClane, finds himself for the first time on foreign soil after traveling to Moscow to help his wayward son Jack - unaware that Jack is really a highly-trained CIA operative out to stop a nuclear weapons heist. With the Russian underworld in pursuit, and battling a countdown to war, the two McClanes discover that their opposing methods make them unstoppable heroes.</overview>
  <year>2013-02-14</year>
  <plot>Iconoclastic, take-no-prisoners cop John McClane, finds himself for the first time on foreign soil after traveling to Moscow to help his wayward son Jack - unaware that Jack is really a highly-trained CIA operative out to stop a nuclear weapons heist. With the Russian underworld in pursuit, and battling a countdown to war, the two McClanes discover that their opposing methods make them unstoppable heroes.</plot>
  <runtime>97</runtime>
  <trailer>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgVRvG2mM0</trailer>
  <rating>5.4</rating>
  <mpaa>R</mpaa>
  <imdb_id>tt1606378</imdb_id>
  <mpaa>R</mpaa>
  <genre>Action</genre>
  <genre>Thriller</genre>
  <actor>Bruce Willis/Jai Courtney/Sebastian Koch/Cole Hauser/Amaury Nolasco/Megalyn Echikunwoke/Anne Vyalitsyna/Attila Árpa/Pavel Lychnikoff/Yuliya Snigir/Zolee Ganxsta/Norbert Növényi/Mary Elizabeth Winstead/Sergey Kolesnikov</actor>
  <cast>Bruce Willis/Jai Courtney/Sebastian Koch/Cole Hauser/Amaury Nolasco/Megalyn Echikunwoke/Anne Vyalitsyna/Attila Árpa/Pavel Lychnikoff/Yuliya Snigir/Zolee Ganxsta/Norbert Növényi/Mary Elizabeth Winstead/Sergey Kolesnikov</cast>
  <director>John Moore</director>
  <studio>20th Century Fox</studio>
  <backdrop>A Good Day to Die Hard.avi_sheet.jpg</backdrop>
  <url cache="tmdb-.xml" function="GetTMDBThumbsById" />
  <prevtitle>A Good Day to Die Hard.avi</prevtitle>
  <prevgenre>N/A</prevgenre>
</details>

When I point my WD Live to this folder, it displays some generic description or sheet of the movie which I think is the Theme’s version however, it does not display the MPAA data that I need to be displayed. 

Then after a minute or so, the A Good Day to Die Hard.ave_sheet.jpg starts to be displayed over the other and it does have the MPAA info on it but now both are showing on the screen.

What am I doing wrong?  Really now this should not be this difficult Western Digitial. 

Thank you in Advance for any assistance that someone might offer besides a gun to my head.  lol

Dave

you are using a theme and a thumbgen template that does not match

the theme you are using is parsing the xml and displaying text data from it

then a moment later (this is normal for a slight delay)

the moviesheet is display, which you’ve also burned the text into the .jpg

all you have to do is choose a theme and template that match

it sound simple enough for you and I thank you for your reply.

Where I am getting confused is:

1. Thumbgen (Kudos V4.1 Moviesheets Clear) generates the 3 of the files from the movie file name and all 4 files (which also includes the movie) are in my video folder.
  2. There is no Kudos V4.1 Moviesheets Clear Theme on my WD Live.

OK, I WENT AND RE-READ WHAT YOU WROTE AND THEN WENT BACK TO RE-READ OTHER POSTINGS AND I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT.

I found KUDOS Theme and learned how to install it on the WD.

Thanks,  It’s working nicely now.

I have been having THIS same issue.

how did you fix it??