Themes: SteArm 1-8 (Final) - 1st March 2015

@Turrican

@ JoeySmyth I think it works not on the newest Firmware.

Have you even tried it ?

“thinking” it doesn’t work on the very latest firmware…

as opposed to “trying and testing it” to confirm wether it “does” or “doesent” work …

are two different matters … only way to know for “Sure” is to “Do it” … don’t think about :wink:

I’ve recently for “testing” upgraded to 3.05.10 and modifying inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml works fine.

P.S. “Turrican” ? that brings back some fond memories :smiley:

Ruddy 'ell! I thought I had a thread that was half dead and it would be only every now and again I would see a new message posted.

The WD/Special Offers.
JoeySmyth is correct. The only problem is that I didn’t include the inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml with the theme. You’ll have to copy it from another theme. Or you could use image that VStrike7 had created.

Making the Frontend/Dashboard more like the Xbox/Windows 8 style. (Dun1985)
I thought about a Windows 8 style dashboard. But I couldn’t work out a logical layout for the icons because you can only navigate left or right and it would of left a lot of tiles blank. I could of filled them with movies and album covers, but I came up blank when it came to the Setup, Live TV, Games, RSS and Files. It would of simply left to many blank tiles.

An Xbox style dashboard seemed to me to make more sense. But I wanted to keep the icons on top, because I like them and I have a projector which isn’t HD and wasn’t sure if I could see which text was selected.

I came up with the same problem as above with blank tiles. So I thought ‘Sod It’. That is why Setup, RSS and Files are blank.

Stephen.

stearm wrote:

Making the Frontend/Dashboard more like the Xbox/Windows 8 style. (Dun1985)
I thought about a Windows 8 style dashboard. But I couldn’t work out a logical layout for the icons because you can only navigate left or right and it would of left a lot of tiles blank. I could of filled them with movies and album covers, but I came up blank when it came to the Setup, Live TV, Games, RSS and Files. It would of simply left to many blank tiles.

Are you sure we can only go left/right

the original WD live was up/down and I was able to make to go left/right

I think I may try and see what I can do

What I don’t think would be possible is a full tiles screens with left/right & up/down functionality

@KAD79

Are you sure we can only go left/right

I tried for a week (months ago) trying to get Vertical Up & Down Home Menu navigation.

Tried all the variables from villa_home.xml & home.xml without success.

(all i managed to achieve was crashing my device several times … so i gave up)

Spoke with Tinwarble about it, and he also has tried …

You also have to remember this, down will always attempt to pull up the dashboard.

So down is reserved in the FW and I don’t believe that there is anyway to keep it from attempting to access the dashboard.

And then even if that wasn’t hard coded in the FW, you would still, I believe need to know if there was an alternate variable for changed=“@@rv-home-menu-changed

@ Tinwarble

You also have to remember this, down will always attempt to pull up the dashboard.

Down can be “disabled” change lbmask=“d”   to  lbmask=“lr”

But you are correct, “down arrow” behaviour can’t be changed. (that i’m aware of)

Yeah, I was just coming back to that.:smileyvery-happy:

Anything other than “d” seems to disable down (“HT”, “l”, “lr”, etc.), but this disables down not actually the dashboard.

So to clarify, if “down” is avaiable, then it will always attempt to access the dashboard.

I don’t know a thing but, I was thinking maybe you could redesign the dashboard to look like the home menu. Then when the down button gets pressed it looks like the screen scrolled down?

OK, I’m gonna shut up duh… :slight_smile:

@flhthemi

I don’t know a thing but, I was thinking maybe you could redesign the dashboard to look like the home menu. Then when the down button gets pressed it looks like the screen scrolled down?

OK, I’m gonna shut up duh…

Not as silly as it sounds … i was actually doing that a couple of months ago for “AlaskaNIGHT”

(so the “Dashboard” looks like the “Home Menu” Selection) :smiley:

Hello,

I can’t believe I have attracted most of the big guns to this thread because I thought you could only navigate left/right in the frontend/dashboard.

I had a think about using tiles as frontend in a similar style to windows 8 and below is what I have done. All of the text labels are part of the rv_home.xml and will change to whatever language is selected. The navigation is only left/right.

I’ve included the meta.xml and it’s a ZIP file so it should work with the SMP.

This is only a frontend/dashboard.

Tiles Test.zip (180kb)
http://www.mediafire.com/?709jtet93mt82ca

Stephen.

1 Like

@ JoeySmyth Sorry its my fault, the second test runs fine.

oh yeah, old memories…

Hello. Just an update.

Thank you,

Stephen.

Anyway to add file to the SteArm theme

I really like the theme and i use file a lot

just wondering thanks for all your great work been using Mochi Shade WIP since its release.

Thanks again and keep up the awsome work

Hello terrykjr,

Thank you for the compliment and yes you should be able to add any file or files you want to the theme.

If you have the Hub you can just add or copy over the files you want directly to the theme folder on the Hub. Or if you have the SMP you will have to unzip the theme and then add or copy the files you want and then re-zip the theme at the lowest compression setting.

Stephen.

Hello, Just an update. The download link is in the first post.

Stephen.

How to fix this problem? Clicking “Option” with the video running.

@bazuca

fixed… i see

Hello brazuca,

I think I have fixed the problem by adding the missing video_playing_option_menu_page.xml to the theme zip. You will have to download the theme again. The download link is below and I will also change the download link on the first page.

While I was at it, I have altered the xml’s that use overlays. I have changed active=“@@act-browselist-0” to disable=“@@act-browselist-0” and deleted selected_scale=“1”. The navigation speed seems faster or it might just be me.

Thank you brazuca for telling me about the problem and I hope you don’t mind adding you username to the zip file.

SteArm - Number 6.1.1 (brazuca).zip (129 KB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?4kns62wu7a46dvi

Tks Stearm!

SteArm I have a request for you. You could put the icon “services” in the main screen SteArm - Number 6.1.1. I’m asking because I use some of the services (netflix, youtube). Thank you for now.