Theme Question

Man, you guys sure know how to make a WDTV newbie feel welcome.  Great answers and detail from all of you!  I have plenty of options.  I may go the exploit route, but your firmware does look impressive.  My reason for going this route was because the wife was sick of dealing with the little issues we’d always get from my 15 years of working with XBMC.  So I went to plex next and still had some issues.  Read some good things about WDTV so I thought I’d give it a shot, running stock firmware :slight_smile:

So far I’m very impressed with the latest SMP firmware and the built in scraper for all my movies.  It generated all the XML’s and placed them in my movie folder on my filer’s NFS share.  I believe these are called moviesheets??  I’ve read a TON about moviesheets vs. linksheets but don’t think I’ve got a full grasp on them or the meaning yet.  I read your post  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Moviesheet-vs-linksheet-vs-whatever/td-p/543891 and it gave a good description between the two, though all the information I’ve read seems to overlap in some ways.  One way is I don’t understand why you’d need programs, like thumbgen to create moviesheets when the built in scraper seems to do a great job.  I also don’t understand why linksheets are faster as everything I’ve read makes me think they are XML files as well, just placed in the theme root rather than with the movies themselves.  All the XML files in my moviesheets just have links to external artwork and whatnot, so if linksheets are still XML’s wouldn’t that be the same?  Or do linksheets point to something local and that is why there 30MB limit comes into play, because I couldn’t imagine a bunch of small XML files could fill 30MB that quickly.

Maybe I’m just way off base in my thinking or followings…I’ll keep reading and likely post these questions in another thread as I wouldn’t want to get this one too off topic.  Anyway…thank you again for all your help!