Theme: Kudos V6 - Hats off to JoeySmith and co!

Navigate to the templates folder in Thumbgen

C:\ThumbGen 1.3.9.2\Templates\Darklight3 - Moviesheet

inside " Darklight3- Moviesheet" folder replace the template.xslt with this one…

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dghdvo8daba19hc/template.xslt

i edited it to remove the RED

The ratings actually had 3 different colors … so i made them all the same color (white)

<xsl:template match=“//TextElement[@Name=‘IMDB Rating’]”>
    xsl:copy
      <xsl:apply-templates select=“@*|node()”/>
      xsl:choose
        <xsl:when test=“myjs:getRatingPercent($RATING) >= 80”>
          <xsl:attribute name=“StrokeColor”> -16777216 </xsl:attribute>
          <xsl:attribute name=“ForeColor”> -2500135 </xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:when>
        <xsl:when test=“myjs:getRatingPercent($RATING) >= 50”>
        <xsl:when test=“myjs:getRatingPercent($RATING) >= 0”>
      </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

1 Like

Hi Joey.

Big thanks for the fast reply.

Haven’t tried the new template-file yet, but I am sure it’s working fine.

Best regards.

Excellent mashup Lesterbangs! The exact combination of all the really cool stuff I saw on the Hub Theme forum but was too unskilled to combine them myself. This theme is awesome!

Excellent theme!, I love it!. Installed the moviesheets version

I have a couple of questions though. I’m pretty new with the SMP and with theming it in general using Thumbgen…

I see there are 3 templates in the bundle ins’t it?: DarklightMod3 Moviesheet, DarklightMod3 TV Season and DarklightMod3 TV Sheets . I get moviesheet is for movies but, what’s the difference between TV Season and TV Sheets?

Also, I’d like to use the thumbs without that film strip overlay. I’ve played a bit with the thumbgen editor and saw you can disable the overlay but didn’t want to touch anything because I don’t know what files I should edit to remove that overlay effect.  Is it possible?

Anyway, as I said, incredible theme for this little and limited machine :slight_smile:

Dibujor wrote:

Also, I’d like to use the thumbs without that film strip overlay. I’ve played a bit with the thumbgen editor and saw you can disable the overlay but didn’t want to touch anything because I don’t know what files I should edit to remove that overlay effect.  Is it possible?

If you do not want the strip overlay and are hesitant altering template code … then the “Safest Way” to remove the strip overlay is to edit the Graphics … ie. use an “Erase Brush” and then exit and save.

here’s an example using Freeware “GIMP” (just wave the erase brush around until you have a totally clear / blank graphic)

1 Like

Thanks Joey.

I see, I could alter the images.

In fact I’d love to have the sources (ie PSD’s) to the homescreen menu images to change them. I sure could do that (I’m an illustrator and know my way around PS and graphic programs). But I have the feeling this will end up bringing not so polished results.

Let’s see if I understand the other way of doing it. I could load the templates on the thumbgen designer, deactivate de visibility of the overlay layers and then save the template again, right?, Doing this for all the theme templates should work.

As per my other question I can’t find which are the differences. Looking at the available elements in the template folder of thumbgen doesn’t seem to help :), in fact I’m a bit more confused now.

Ok, I definitely don’t know how to use thumbgen with tv shows. I’ve managed to get the thumbnails without the overlays (well, sort of) but when the time comes to make the tv shows sheets…

• On my hdd I have the tv shows using the common organization system, that is:

Series>

ShowName>

ShowSeason>

ShowEpisode.avi

But, when I try to generate the sheets, apart for those two templates (TV season and TV Sheets)… for ThumbGen to generate all thumbs and sheets (Show Thumb, Season Thumb, Episode Thumb/Sheet), how’s the process?

Process files/folders and select the (ShowName) folder? or first select the Episode with one of those templates and then the complete (Showname) folder and run the other template?

I’m more and more confused lol.

P.S.- I don’t know if I’ve made myself clear… english is not my first language

Hi,

There is a post on this forum that contains a tutorial that you can download. It explains how to use thumbgen for TV Shows. I hope it helps you.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/Tutorial-ThumbGen-for-TV-Shows-UPDATED/td-p/124360

1 Like

Hi ronmaz,

Thank you :). Yes, I downloaded and read that tutorial before asking here. I have a “basic” understanding of how thumbgen works. Usually you have one template for movies and another one for tv shows. All fine and dandy.

What confuses me is the fact that this theme seems to have two different profiles for tv shows:

DarkLightMod3 TV Season and DarkLightMod3  TV Sheets.

And if you look in the template folder for thumbgen you have 4 different templates related to TV Shows:

And I don’t know if I’m suposed to run one profile first, then the other or what. I’m pretty sure I’m being a fool here and the answer is really simple and everybody knows it ut after all this reading and investigating my brain is spinning in my head :).

It would be great if there was a section dedicated to smp theming with all step by step tutorials. But as it stands I’ve been collecting information here and there burning my eyes in the process :smiley:

I think I’ve guessed it :).

This is how I think it works for TV Shows with this theme:

If you use the profile TV Season you get all the thumbnails for Series, Season and episode (but not the actual episode moviesheet)

If you use the profile TV Sheets you get the moviesheet for the episode and thumbnails for Season and Episode but not for series. You can always generate and extra thumbnail for the series when THumbgen has got all the data (there’s an option) but this extra thumbnail won’t have the style of the theme. It will be just an apropriate sized image of the cover.

If you want the thumbnail using the actual style of the theme you can always run TV Sheets first and then TV Season and you’ll get the complete package :wink:

You got it. TV Season is for the the Series, and TV Sheets is for the individual Episodes.

-P

Yay, thanks for confirming it.I didn’t know if that was the way it was meant to be. Just the way it worked for me.

It would have been fantastic if you could add a fourth template, because the only thing missing from the TV Sheets profile is the Series folder cover. That way you could have it all in one go.

Or have the “Extra Thumbnail Tools” using the templates

Anyway thank you all. Now I’m beginning to love this little device. If only you could have two separate sections in the Home Screen Menu for Movies and TV Shows in order to use two different views (gallery for movies and List for TV  Shows) without having to press a lot of buttons every time, it would be perfect :slight_smile:

Lesterbangs, thanks for this theme, it’s easily my favorite compilation right now. The mixture of Alaska and the Welo gallery are just perfect for me! Thanks to the creators especially.

Just one quick question. Using the non-moviesheet version, do you get the icons showing up for folders and files that don’t have a cover? Mine are just plain gray, even though I think the actual icons appear in the zip files images folder. I’m just not smart enough to troubleshoot why they aren’t showing up in any of the gallery views.

Any tips?

Hi, 
it may seem like a stupid question, but i don’t get the moviesheets running.

I use Thumbgen to generate them, is the anything to consider (name for example, more movies in one folder and so on)

thänks

Hi,

i solved this with a workaround:

I used the Thumbgen Bundle from Kudos V4.1 Beta03 Thread and the Kudos V6 Theme.

For the Moviesheets you need the XML Files , i think.

has anybody noticed that the skipping bar dos not turn red completely? I mean, when you are about to finish a movie, there is a blank grey space between the end of the red part and the cursor…

Theme looks amazing :slight_smile: love your work… Question though… the theme i have installed and have done for all my movies is Kudos version 4, the one with iron man as the video home screen. If i were to have this theme… does that mean re creating moviesheets for all the movies i have done??? Its been a massive job and would hate to think id have to do it all over again?

Has anybody noticed that when you press the play button for playing all files in a folder, it does nothing. It works when you change to the original theme but not with this one.

Looks very nice but is not downloadable anymore…

Can anybody help me to get it?

I am also looking for this theme.If ayone could help it would be appreciated