Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

great work on the theme.

I own a wdtv live.

everything works good, but I have 2 questions.

Right now I’m using the V4 profiles. What exactly is the difference with the final versions ??

2nd one, I saw in the demo pictures that there was a sort of backdrop for an entire tevie series

Like I have all my series in seperate folders with in every folder a folder.jpg to show the series thumbnail (as instructed by the manual), but the entourage demo picture shows a short sumary of the show, as well as a big picture in the background.

Right now I have my series thumbnails at the bottom of my screen with nothing above it but empty space.

What sort of sheet do I have to make for this?

I tryed the folder sheet and got a 

“the flash_sheet.jpg”

it looks like the right thing, but it doesn’t show on the wd in the series folder…

denhans08 wrote:

What sort of sheet do I have to make for this?

I tryed the folder sheet and got a 

“the flash_sheet.jpg”

it looks like the right thing, but it doesn’t show on the wd in the series folder…

“Moviesheets” (eg. the flash_sheet.jpg) won’t work for “Folders” … you need to use “Linksheets” (eg. placed into the root of the theme zip …  the flash will work)

Consult the Link Sheet Manual - Black Mamba.pdf    manual … or read my post here for a detailed explanation

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/WDLXTV-Moviesheets-Vs-Linksheets/m-p/660095#M27191

can I change the font size of the synopsis of movies and series?

denhans08 wrote:

can I change the font size of the synopsis of movies and series?

That’s a Thumbgen question.  You’ll need to re-design the Thumbgen templates with Thumbgen Designer

https://thumbgen.codeplex.com/releases/view/115782

Hi All

I have a few questions that hopefully I can get some answers to

1. I have downloaded and changed the xml template to show the movie rating on my movie sheet that Sudheer had provided. It seems to be working except I am wondering if there is a way to just use the U.S. MPAA rating, it seems that there are a few other ratings symbols that are showing up I will post an example below:

as you can see the rating is G but it is a different symbol than we see in the US, so I was wondering if there was a way to just limit it to using U.S. rating symbols…

1. This might be kind of a silly question, but thought I would ask it just to make sure, if I wanted to have an “all movies” folder that contained all my movies, but then wanted to have genres folders also do I have to put the movie file, linksheet, and folder jpg in both folders ( “all movies” folder and genre folders) or is there a way to have the movies in both but not necessarily take up drive space since the movie would be essentially in two different places?

2. I was also wondering is there a way to take the faint line the runs on a diagonal out of the thumbnail movie folder jpg’s?

Thanks for your help its much appreciated…

Jen 

No. 2 Question … nope

all other questions … rename the *.bundle  pack to the *.zip … and unzip it and you’ll find all the images used in the moviesheets that you can replace or remove.

once done editing … re-zip it (at root level … no compression [aka.store]  ) then rename it back to *.bundle and import it into Thumbgen.

P.S.  please check your Personal Messages      thanks.

1 Like

Hey guys, I had a question. I’ve seen 1 theme on here that has a coverflow for TV shows, shown here. 

Is there anyway to still use the Black Mamba theme but somehow incorporate the coverflow shown in the picture above?

I’m on the WD-TV Live hub, and I would love to have this feature on the best theme that was ever made for WD players.

The link to the theme is:  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Anodized-Customised-Moviesheet-THEMES/td-p/126636

Have a question I was trying to create Genre folders following the instructions below:

GENRE FOLDER SHEETS (updated 12/14/12)

alrighty people, here is a very easy to use genre folder sheet going with the theme and intentionally avoiding graphical overkill, they can also be used as folder sheets for movie franchises. I didn’t bundle this one since it doesn’t require much installation…

1) Download the template here

2) open your movie sheet profile in Thumbgen

3) save this profile as “Black Mamba Genre Folder”

4) unpack the rar file and copy the entire folder into ThumbGen/ Templates

5) in thumbgen options General Tab deactivate “Extra Movie Sheet”

6) in thumbgen options moviesheet tab select BlackMamba_GenreFolder (upper drop down boy on the right)

7) save the profile…

Processing the Sheet

1) pick a movie you think represents this genre best

2) process in manual or semi automatic

3) select an image for Fanart 1

4) change the title and apply it (green check symbol)

5) Generate…

I downloaded the template, on step #2 I am a little confused when it says open your movie sheet profile in thumbgen, does that mean open the profile in my thumbgen folder or in actually thumbgen program? 

I guess I am just a little confused on where to save the Black Mamba Genre Folder…

Thanks Jen

@ thebib62

Just remember … the thumbnails are part of that moviesheet

And everytime you add a Single new movie or tv episode … you have regenerate 18 Moviesheets !

Also note: This moviesheet template is a lot slower in processing on thumbgen

Here the original thread from the “Cover Trickle” moviesheet method.

(i would give it a read to see if you want to go to all the trouble)

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=919

@ Jen

I would probably do it in this order …

1) Download the template here

2) unpack the rar file and copy the entire folder into ThumbGen/ Templates

3) Then open thumbgen and follow the arrow steps

4) in thumbgen options General Tab deactivate “Extra Movie Sheet”

5) in thumbgen options moviesheet tab select BlackMamba_GenreFolder (upper drop down boy on the right)

6) click save changes

last.jpg

1 Like

Thank you so much… you are a life saver… :smiley:

So when I want to make a thumbnail for the “action” genre thumbnail do I just go and find a picture that on the web and then import it in? I have figured out how to do that, my only issue is what is the best size picture for the thumbnail? I seem to import a picture and it doesn’t fit correctly…

Thanks, Jen

Hang on a second …  were talking about about “Genre Folder Linksheets”   not “thumbnails”  :confounded:

to quote your original question followed by intructions…

Have a question I was trying to create Genre folders following the instructions below:

GENRE FOLDER SHEETS (updated 12/14/12)

for genre folder “thumbnails” see below …

Right… sorry I guess I was meaning on her picture she has the background linksheet and then she has the thumbnails that are named for the genre such as “action”…

sorry I see what your saying… so for those I would just create them like another folder thumbnail jpg… right… so I would find an image I like and then just edit the image to say movies or whatever genre I am working on…

Ok sorry that was me being dumb… :wink:

no probs  :smiley:

maybe this would have been a simpler question …

how.jpg

Yes that is what I should have asked… :wink:

So just to make sure I am correct to make those folders I would find a picture that I feel represents the genre and then edit it to say the genre “action” and then save it as a folder.jpg in the genre folder… right??? 

Swenson wrote:

Yes that is what I should have asked… :wink:

So just to make sure I am correct to make those folders I would find a picture that I feel represents the genre and then edit it to say the genre “action” and then save it as a folder.jpg in the genre folder… right??? 

That’s correct

Ok here’s how the “genre folder thumbnails” are created… you need to download the “Mambe PSD” Pack

http://www.mediafire.com/?umhnzg1nyb5poz3

Then open Mamba PSD > Genre Covers and use Adobe Photoshop or corel to edit the “Layers”

(i don’t use photoshop or corel, i use Gimp … which i can edit the layers except for the “text” layer … havent figured that one out yet)

1 Like

Awesome… thanks so much… you always have all the answers…

Thank you!!!

Jen

no probs :smiley: 

Hey Joey

Ok so I have a question, I was able to create the genre cover linksheets and I have been trying to create the genre cover folders, I have downloaded gimp and have been working on this all day trying to figure out how to edit the psd files that I downloaded?

I have tried to find a tutorial online on how to edit images in gimp but haven’t had much luck, I have been able to import the action genre thumbnail from the psd file, but when I try to edit it I haven’t been able to get very far, I have tried to even create my own, but I can’t see to get the correct picture size to work…

any help is much appreciated it… I like the way the genre cover thumbnail folders look I just wanted to swap out the pictures to movies that I like…

thanks, Jen

pretty easy to find the resolution used , select the layer … edit … copy … paste as “new image”

since there is a lot of cropping with the image in the psd, i would say 240x360 (or higher) will do

(since, that’s the size of the folder jpgs inside the Mamba PSD package you downloaded *as in the picture above*)

just had a tinker … you’ll have to play around with image size and alignment … eg