Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

You might also want to check out the last few pages of threads for this link :

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7663

With a bit of work its now possible to get ftp access to your USB sticks. I have 3x SMP boxes and I can now place all my linksheets into the theme folder without having to remove the USB stick. Very convenient. having said this, it is using the custom firmware whereas you have the instructions for using the default firmware so its a bit of a journey going down this road. If you only have 1x SMP probably not so bad to take out the USB stick to put new linksheets into it but if you have many boxes then it might be worth it !

By default firmware you can map a windows drive to the wdtv usb stick.

I believe you map to the netbios name you configured for your wdtv ( the default being wdtv) backslash the volume name of the memory stick e.g.

\wdtvlive\usbstick

what are the fonts used in this theme again? i reboote my laptop and dont got the fonts anymore and does the theme work on newewst firmware?

hi!

I think THUMBGEN does not work correctly… do you experience any problem?

I select the film to get the movisheet. Thumbgen recognizes the film, even it offers me some tittles and I choose the correct one. But when I select the movie, the program takes some seconds to show the result: an empty sheet, no images, no plot… nothing

I have been 2 years using this app and this is the first time that I have a problem.

I have deleted the program and downloaded it again… even I have re-loaded the black mamba bundles but it doesn´t work

¿any  idea?

edit to add that I used to work with V. 1.3.5.2

When I deleted the program, I tried to download the same version but the current version available to be downloaded is 1.3.8.3

keep getting blank results for moviesheets with thumbgen v1.3.8.3 Can anybody help dont know the cause of this pls…thanks in advance

Hi!

The problem continues but it seems that the mistake is not THUMBGEN, because it works correctly when you use a  TV sheets profile.

I think that the problem is in “TheMovieDB.org” collector used in the moviesheet profile. In fact, if in this profile you choose another collerctor, for instance, FilmAffinity, at least, you get the overview and the cover

Do you know if TheMovieDB.org is crashed?

TheMovieDB.org changed their API there needs to be a software update or a work around, you can try other collectors temporarily they should work just fine

Thanks DeVicious!

Thumbgen will fix it in the next days

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20&start=390#p68183

I hope someone can help me, pleaseeeee…   i have been trying for days to get themes to work.  i am trying the Black Mamba theme, which looks great, but i can’t get it to generate movie sheets or xml files.  it only produces the .jpg.   what am i doing wrong???  please help.

Re-read the instructions Devicous included with the theme. Follow them to the letter! If there’s something specific you do not understand in them people will be glad to help you out. We nned more of an idea to know how to help you.

Sounds like you do not have thumbgen setup correctly to me. If you’re using a linksheet theme, you don’t need any .xml files. So you can exclude that as an optin in TG and it kinda indicates you haven’t followed her instructions.

So…go back over them I bet you just made a simple mistake :slight_smile:

thanks for the reply…  okay… I did go back and re-read.  i used the linksheet process.  one thing i noticed was that i had all my movies at the root of the folder, so it wasnt creating the linksheet.  as soon as i put the movies in a subfolder, it created the sheet. I renamed the sheets to the extension of the movie and copied into the mambo theme folder.  i turned the device off and back on, and the sheets still are not showing up. 

I am using a WDTV Live hub with the latest firmware.  my movies are stored on a 3TB My Cloud storage device.  i did check to makde sure the linksheets are under 500KB.     any other thoughts???   

bciarcia wrote:

thanks for the reply…  okay… I did go back and re-read.  i used the linksheet process.  one thing i noticed was that i had all my movies at the root of the folder, so it wasnt creating the linksheet.  as soon as i put the movies in a subfolder, it created the sheet. I renamed the sheets to the extension of the movie and copied into the mambo theme folder.  i turned the device off and back on, and the sheets still are not showing up. 

I am using a WDTV Live hub with the latest firmware.  my movies are stored on a 3TB My Cloud storage device.  i did check to makde sure the linksheets are under 500KB.     any other thoughts???   

A few thoughts. Since you are making linksheets, TG should be creating two JPGs for every movie, one is the cover, one is the linksheet. You should be able to open each one (in a graphics editor or whatever you use to view JPGs). Do so and make sure that you actually have a cover and a linkhseet for each movie.

Once you are sure that you really do have a linksheet and a cover (both JPGs) then it’s time to move the linksheets to the theme’s root. You must make sure that the linksheet is EXACTLY the same name as the movie, extension and all. If you had TG name the linksheets to something other than the exact same name as the video, this will not work.

Post back if you can see the two different JPGs per movie, and when you view them in an editor if they look right. If that has been done, then we will know where to go next.

Sorry to point out the obvious, but make sure that the linkhseet and the cover are not being generated into the same directory since you cannot have them both named the same. Likewise, when you do the renaming of the extension “moviename.jpg” to “moviename.mkv” for example, make sure they are also in different directories so you don’t overwrite your video.

Example: (which is sounds like you already understand) I use mkv files for my example but would be the same process for all video file types. Just change to the appropriate extension. Movie and cover on your external drive (or HUBs internal drive) in the same directory, linksheet in root of theme on HUB.

External Hard Drive

–>MovieFolder

----> Moviename.mkv (actual movie)

----> Moviename.jpg (Movie’s cover)

WD Live Hub

–>.wd_tv / Theme / Goodbye Black Mamba Theme

----> Moviename.mkv (was JPG that you renamed to same as movie)

Good luck and let us know where you are at with the process.

-P

bciarcia wrote:

Most people use a folder structure like this:

Root of Hub/Device

Movies

Action

Moviename1.avi < The Movie

Moviename1.jpg < The movie cover art

Animation

Drama

TV Series

The Big Bang Theory

Season 01 (TBBT)

It is very important to make each series season folders have a unique name and that is why (TBBT) is added tho you don’t have to use the parens. Each season folder MUST be unique for folder sheets.

The Big Bang Theory S01E01 (The Borne Decision).avi < The first episode of the first season)

Season 02 (TBBT)

Some info on linksheets:

Moviename1.avi.jpg

The Linksheet renamed to Moviename1.avi and should be placed in the root of the Theme’s (your case Black Mamba Theme) folder inside the .wd_tv\theme folder These file names are CASE Sensitive and MUST be the EXACT same name as the file that contains the video. Like Batman Begins (2005).avi the linksheet file has to be exact. The Folder linksheet file has to be the exact name of the FOLDER you use it for. So you create a FOLDER sheet titled “Action” then TG will save it as “Action.jpg” You must rename the FOLDER linksheet to “Action” with NO file extension, not even a dot/period.

You should point Thumbgen’s location for the creation of ALL linksheets to thier own folder just for linksheets. I just use D:\Sheets (extra hard drive). See picture below of TG setup options:

You might want to download a copy of File Renamer Basic if you are going to make a lot of movie sheets. Learn to use the program as it will save you a LOT of time. You can get it here.

I can’t seem to install the theme. And when it does install…it doesn’t do it properly. Some icons change and some don’t. I am using the LiveHub. Running firmware 3.07.14. Please help. THANKS.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/202/oqgk.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/18/th97.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/96/x8t2.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/594/aty8.jpg

Hi, greenlantern5. I don’t have a live hub I have a SMP, but I would assume the procedure is similar.

On the SMP, after I install a theme, I then have to apply the theme. See if that works for you.

On the SMP, I go to settings->Appearance->User Interface Themes, then I select the theme I want to apply, and then click Apply Theme.

Thanks for the reply. I did that…thats why the pics have some of the theme in the background.

I have a strange feeling your Black Mamba theme folder, the .zip one, got put in the wrong place??? I dunno if that’s possible, I don’t have a SMP…

Oh and I THINK the .zip file can not be compressed. winzip is used to just contain the files…right guys?

meaning that I am not supposed to unzip it? Supposed to move the whole zip over?

ok, wait a sec, lets do some sanity checks

this theme is designed for use on the WD Hub … NOT the WD SMP

it may be possible to run this on the WD SMP

however the scope of using linksheets on the SMP is beyond what should be discussed on this forum

to answer a few questions from above

theme.zip files must use “store” as the compression method, which actually means no compression

on the WD Hub, you unzip the theme, and put the files on the HUB’s internal drive

on the SMP what can be discussed here

leave the file zipped, and upload it to the SMP using the web interface

this should give you a partially functioning black mamba theme, just without any linksheets

I have the Livehub. I did unzip the theme and moved the folder over to the hub. What I got is shown in the pics in my previous post. I can’t figure what I am doing wrong.