Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

#381

You should still be easily able to do that unless I am missunderstanding you. You need to enable CIFS on the NAS (under “standard file protocols” in your UI), which  is seen by windows boxes as SAMBA. Then share the folders that your movies are in. I do not have a ReadyNas so cannot confirm that this works with the HUB this way, but I don’t see why not. CIFS is similar to SAMBA with a few enhancements and is a native Windows protocol. The HUB should see the NAS’ shares like they were on a PC, and work fine with the theme. 

Once setup, if you can see the shares from a PC (assuming you have one), then you should be off and running on the HUB. This is speculation on my part as I am using straight SAMBA not CIFS, so perhaps someone running that on their NAS can confirm as well.

Let us know how it works. It would be a good thing to know.

-P

#382

Hi

I’ve been using the Kudos linksheet theme, and just moved back to final Black Mamab but the navigation on blackmamba is really slow.

Is it down to the widgetghost for the reflection?

One mod i made to the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml is add  so that if a moviesheet isn’t found it displays the file/folder text from the fileshare.

I also added 

Thanks in advance.

#383

@ Chris

it is probably the reflections.

I am releasing a new theme tomorrow, i took the reflections out there and it is way faster.

#384

Hi DeVicious

Shame as the reflection does look really slick, but it does come down to usability first.

What plans are there for the new version, is it a radical change or bug fixes?  Does it have a new look?

A sneaky screenshot maybe? :slight_smile:

#385

Hello DeVicious I have been trying out different themes and find myself always switching back to your theme. I have my movies setup in there own folders and use the Tvixie template but for my collection or trilogy movies they ain’t in there own folders. So sometimes I have like three to five movies in one folder and the thumbnails are at the bottom blocking info on the link sheet. Is there anyway to remove the thumbnails or can I just not add the cover of the movies inside the folder and switch between sheets for the movies themselves? I know I should just use the templates that you provided with the bundle but I just like the STD sheets a little bit better

Thanks can’t wait for the new theme

#386

chris_h16 wrote:

Hi DeVicious

Shame as the reflection does look really slick, but it does come down to usability first.

 

What plans are there for the new version, is it a radical change or bug fixes?  Does it have a new look?

 

A sneaky screenshot maybe? :slight_smile:

it will be a completely new look, the code is mostly based on on Black Mamba for the minor pages auch as list view and the preview mode, those pages simply got a new skin, everything else is brand new and will be released tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, that depends how fast i get the new tutorial going.
 No previews :slight_smile:

#387

colebell wrote:
Hello DeVicious I have been trying out different themes and find myself always switching back to your theme. I have my movies setup in there own folders and use the Tvixie template but for my collection or trilogy movies they ain’t in there own folders. So sometimes I have like three to five movies in one folder and the thumbnails are at the bottom blocking info on the link sheet. Is there anyway to remove the thumbnails or can I just not add the cover of the movies inside the folder and switch between sheets for the movies themselves? I know I should just use the templates that you provided with the bundle but I just like the STD sheets a little bit better

Thanks can’t wait for the new theme

you probably shouldn’t call it STD sheet :laughing::smileyvery-happy:

this theme and the new theme are eclusively designed for the corresponding movie sheets / linksheets,  you cannot exclude thumbnails for particular scenarios, it is a repetetive process for all pages, folders and movies. Whatever you delete is gone and you have no covers anywhere anymore. If you like these sheets better you should go with a compatible theme, mine is not and the new one will make it even worse unfortunately. sorry

#388

Gotcha… Well maybe just for my series ill just use a different template cause i love how the Theme looks and operates.

#389

the new templates will look icky with the new theme, the placement of the covers is different, the colors are different etc…

However I am pretty sure that Mamba users will be happy about the new theme, it is essentially the same concept :slight_smile:

#390

Does that mean we need to redo all of our moviesheets/covers/genre(folder) sheets again?

#391

yep… that is if you want to use the new theme

#392

Is there a way of taking the mirror part out of your existing theme to see if it quickens it up?

If i just take the widgetghost part out, but then put back in the thumbnail, thumbnail_f and focus parts in without the extra mirror parts will that work?

Should I keep the mirror diffuser part in so that it shows the mirrordifusionGL.png graphic

#393

there are to self explanatory fields to take out, nothing else

   

   

obviously the entire code from the wrapper start to closing tag

#394

had to take off mirror thumbnail also but it didn’t make a difference, I’ve narrowed it down to the linksheets themselves.  If i took the linksheets out it was much quicker.  My linksheets where about 300kb each.  I’ve converted them all down to around 100kb in photoshop batch convert and navigation is slightly less laggy.

#395

Don’t mind me asking but how much movies you have as I used about 200Gb on the hub and mine is still running smooth. I notice sometimes it get a little sluggish but then I do a hard power down then it’s back to normal

#396

I use a network share, using server 2012 and HaneWin for NFS.

I have over 2000 video files for movies and tv shows, and size is just over 2TB

#397

Any news on the new theme?

#398

New theme is right here

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Simplicity-Theme-by-DeVicious/td-p/578508

And it’s awesome

#399

chris_h16 wrote:

I use a network share, using server 2012 and HaneWin for NFS.

 

I have over 2000 video files for movies and tv shows, and size is just over 2TB

As for your linksheet lag I am a bit baffled. Since the linksheets are on the HUB itself, the network aspect and the size of your video drive (2TB) should not make any difference. I am have been running GBBM and now Simplicity linksheets with my vids (several thousand between movies and TV series)  and have no lag at all on the sheets. If anything, pulling up the covers from the network drive takes a second or so, while the linksheets are instantaneous on my setup. 

Sorry I don’t have and answer for you, but somethign is off with the way your system is pulling up the sheets. I have custom folder sheets that are as big as 700k and they show as soon as I open up the folder that they are in. You should not have to reduce their size to speed them up

-P

#400

I was just replying to colebell.

I have a SMP using the hack from Rad79 to run the linksheets off a usb stick.

The speed was zippy with KUDOS theme, when i moved to Black Mamba it slowed down.  Tried taking the reflection part out of the theme but made no difference.  Took some linksheets out and it speeded up.